2nd shift- Permanent Position- Chemical Lab Technician- Waterbury CT 06705
Company : Kelly
Country: United States
Location : Oxford, Connecticut
Post: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 05:19:50 GMT
Expires: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
st shift (7am to 3pm) and 2nd shift (3pm to 11pm)
* Some chemical/chemistry background. Lab experience (academia or industry)
* Excellent math skills, written and verbal skills.
* Bilingual Spanish; Manufacturing/production experience or metal finishing experience
About the company:
* Chemical Manufacturing plant, global supplier of various dispensing units (pumps, sprays, triggers etc.) for major brands in the home, health and beauty markets.
1. Chemical Makeup, Processing, and Control
* Accurate addition of bulk chemicals from separate tanks into a mixing tank according to a recipe. Maintain records of lab results.
* Perform lab testing to verify the chemical composition of the individual chemical components and of the final blended product
* Maintain sufficient inventory of blended chemical to support production
* Maintain levels of waste treatment chemistry
* Receive line analysis status or indirect consumption calculations and determine, add, and oversee production chemical line additions
* Keep lab clean and organized. Maintain and calibrate lab equipment. Maintain proper lab inventory for specific testing related to core responsibilities
2. Waste Treatment:
* Oversee waste treatment system operation
* Weekly cleaning, calibration and documentation of line and waste treatment pH probes
* Monthly transcribing and download of water meter and pH values, end-control
* Maintain probes and buffers for treatment system, stock control
* Weekly composite setup and grab samples for sample collection. Sample preparations for certified lab. Collect data and generate waste KPI and alert when trends change.
* Split weekly samples for lab for internal analysis, e.g. phosphorous content.
* Waste treatment projects or related processes (i.e. jar testing) to improve performance and efficiency. Control sludge container pickup and delivery
3. Chemical Warehouse:
* Chemical receiving for bulk and non-bulk chemicals
* Organization of chemical warehouse including disposal of empty drums and totes
* Maintain cleanliness of chemical warehouse. Daily and monthly chemical inventory
* Chemical inventories. BFI updating become back-up for process.
Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interestsits the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed. About Kelly
At Kelly, were always thinking about whats next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, were a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. [
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.