Advanced Quality Engineer
Website General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc
General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc
Company : General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc
Country: United States
Location : Marion, Virginia
Post: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 21:12:25 GMT
Expires: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
Basic Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related Science or Mathematics field, plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Combined Salary Range:
USD $(phone number removed) – USD $(phone number removed) /Yr.
Responsibilities for this Position:
Imagine building your career by developing the solutions that support the mission of our nation’s service members, intelligence analysts and first responders. That’s the challenge that’s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you have the opportunity to redefine innovation and excellence for the world. Are you ready? Then make a career move that makes an impact at General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
We seek an experienced Advanced Quality Engineer to design, implement and maintain quality assurance protocols and methods for processing materials into finished products. Utilizing your knowledge and experienced you’ll have the opportunity to design methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products.
What you’ll experience:Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
Opportunities to gain new knowledge – as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:Clear understanding of quality or mechanical engineering methodologies, tools, and standards
Clear understanding of AS9100, ANSI, EIA, etc.
Ability to clearly recognize and report information relevant to sound quality engineering design
Skills to review relevant inspection/measurement tools and techniques
Advanced experience in Aerospace Quality Assurance
Zero Defect Culture
What sets you apart:Outstanding communication skills to work proactively with a project team and interact with project leaders and other professionals within Engineering and Operations departments
Ability to think creatively and multi-task to complete projects on time
Solid skills in reviewing documents, drawings and instructions for conformance to requirements techniques
AS9102 First Article Inspection
Duties and Tasks:
• Designs, implements, and maintains quality assurance protocols and methods
• Designs methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products
• Performs analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to quality standards and procedures when necessary
• Reviews Documents/Drawings/Instructions for conformance to requirements
• Compares defects against standards and recommends dispositions, and verifies implementation of rework
• Collects, organizes and analyzes project data, generates and/or reviews metrics
• Performs audits, assigns corrective action, and verifies implementation
• Participates in project reviews and meetings including technical design reviews, technical peer reviews
• Verifies compliance to defined requirements
• Witnesses and or monitors test activities
• Interfaces with various engineering disciplines, manufacturing, program management, andother quality personnel
• Contact with project leaders and other professionals within the Engineering,Manufacturing and Quality departments
• Travel may be required
• Security clearance required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Clear understanding of quality or mechanical engineering methodologies, tools, and standards
• Good proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Good written and verbal communications skills
• Creative thinker
• Clear understanding of interpretation of mechanical drawings
• Clear understanding of use of relevant inspection/measurement tools and techniques
This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.