Biotechnology – Junior Analyst
Website Gryphon Scientific
Company : Gryphon Scientific
Country: United States
Location : Takoma Park, Maryland
Post: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 06:59:46 GMT
Expires: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
Gryphon Scientific is a small consulting business with a unique focus on physical and life sciences, public health, and program management and evaluation. We capitalize on our staffs rich, past experience in the laboratory, in policy shops and from the field, combined with literature-based research and interview data collection, to tackle projects with complex technical challenges. Our projects drive policy changes in security, preparedness, and science policy at the highest levels of US government. Abroad, we advise governments in the developing world on how to cope with daunting public health challenges. Our aim is to improve the health and safety of populations world-wide. The energy of our small business environment, as well as our commitment to technical excellence, attracts staff with the highest qualifications. Gryphon strongly encourages collaboration throughout the company, between junior and senior staff and across disciplines. Personal and professional development are actively supported through opportunities to work across a wide range of projects. Gryphon boasts a laid-back work environment, a comprehensive employee benefit package, and places an emphasis on work-life balance, which has afforded us excellent employee retention. We are growing and looking for new staff members to join the Gryphon team.
Over the past 15 years, Gryphons studies have been extremely influential on shaping the US stance on the oversight of emerging biotechnologies, from the crafting of the guidance to the synthetic DNA industry, to the regulation of manipulated pathogens to the oversight of mergers and acquisitions of biotech companies by foreign entities. We are actively recruiting a junior-level analyst with a background in biotechnology to contribute to projects in these and other related areas. Qualified applicants will have experience working in the laboratory (in academe or industry) in synthetic biology, bioinformatics, genomics and/or bioengineering, although the position involves no lab work.
All positions at Gryphon Scientific require critical thinking, creative problem solving, and both qualitative and quantitative analysis to tackle challenging projects. This position will involve in-depth investigations of the scientific literature to develop an evidence basis for policy recommendations. Because our studies are communicated in the form of written reports and oral presentations, strong writing and verbal communication skills are required.
* Work with federal and other government clients to support planning efforts and policy decisions.
* Conduct analyses on diverse and complex datasets and scientific literature to advance the understanding of biological safety standards, practices, and developments in science policy.
* Analyze the scientific literature to extract needed data.
* Apply scientific data to policy recommendations.
* Develop methods to leverage scientific data in custom-made quantitative frameworks.
* Participate on analytical project teams.
* Supervise the work of interns as needed.
* Support projects that translate complex scientific advances in biotechnology for clients and the broader scientific community through written, visual and oral media.
* Help develop and reports and analyses.
* Present status and progress updates at internal meetings.
Marketing and Business Development
* Produce sections of white papers and scholarly articles, based on company needs or client requests.
* Support proposal development efforts.
* MA in scientific discipline of biotechnology (bioinformatics, molecular biology, genomics, synthetic biology, biological engineering, etc.) or BA/BS plus 2-4 years experience in industry.
* Must have some knowledge of latest advances in biotechnology.
* U.S. Citizen.
* Willing to re-locate to the greater Washington, DC, area.
* Ability to analyze large and complex data sets to generate new findings.
* Must be a creative problem solver that likes to tackle complex issues and work through hard problems.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Additional Skills and Experience (desired but not required):
* Desired quantitative skills include familiarity with statistical tools, modeling suites, systems analysis or solving of Fermi problems.
* Gryphons 2021 benefits package includes fully paid health, vision and dental insurance to all full-time employees choosing individual coverage, 25 paid days off (holidays and other leave) to new employees, matching 401k contributions made into the company plan up to 3% of salary, professional development funding, tuition reimbursement, transportation subsidies, funds to help pay for wellness costs (like the gym) and more.
* Gryphon supports professional development including conference attendance and career specific training.
* At Gryphon, we take pride in maintaining a safe workplace centered around inclusion and valuing diversity. We boast a friendly, balanced work environment. Gryphon employees often take afternoon walks to the local ice cream or coffee shop. The dress code is comfortable and most of our space is comprised of individual offices.
* Mentorship is taken seriously at Gryphon Scientific. There is an open-door policy for all staff, meaning you can ask for advice from any staff member, from the owner of the company to your manager to junior staff. Were a place that actively encourages intellectual engagement and provides analytical challenges on a wide range of projects.
* We encourage all senior staff to participate in business development efforts and the company supports senior staff pursuing work in their areas of interest.
* We want you to be you and value the unique gifts that you bring to the workplace and your colleagues.
Salary Range: $40,000 – $70,000
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.