Chemical Dependency Prevention Specialist
Website Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland
Company : Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland
Country: United States
Location : Cleveland, Ohio
Post: Tue, 30 May 2023 21:02:49 GMT
Expires: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
The Prevention Specialist will perform a variety of duties interacting with students, teachers, parents, schools, and community agencies to prevent substance abuse.
Under direction, ensure that the activities of this position and relevant programs are consistent with the mission, vision and values of Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland.
· Plan, organize, and coordinate prevention activities and presentations
· Provide prevention services which can include education, alternatives, problem identification and referral, community process services, environmental and information dissemination services.
· Assist students in accessing community services such as counseling, tutoring, mentoring, vocational training, and other services that may be to their benefit.
· Engage and provide technical assistance and training to school personnel, parents, and community members in prevention programs.
· Gather information and analyze data for the purpose of evaluating and adjusting programs when necessary in accordance with funding program requirements.
· Select and evaluate various educational and informational materials and programs.
· Participate in collaborative meetings and committees to benefit school-aged youth.
Understand and apply principles, methods, procedures, and strategies utilized in the development of a comprehensive program designed to reduce and/or prevent problems associated with high risk behavior among children of school age such as drug, alcohol, and tobacco use.
· Must be able to form good working and therapeutic relationships.
• Must be organized, detail oriented and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Must possess prevention group work skills.
• Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Good working knowledge of computers with familiarity of Microsoft Office.
• Experience working with a team of professional staff desirable.
• Final applicant is required to be fingerprinted to complete background check
Coursework or training in prevention philosophy, youth development, substance abuse, or case management.
Paid or volunteer experience providing service in community programs, facilitating groups, public speaking, and prevention.
Bachelors or better in Social Work
Bachelors or better in Health Promotion
Bachelors or better in Education
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.