Clinical Trials Nurse – Commack, NY – Ambulatory Care Setting
Website Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Company : Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Country: United States
Location : Commack, New York
Post: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 21:21:16 GMT
Expires: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In compliance with applicable New York and New Jersey State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination (2 doses of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) is mandatory for all MSK employees, contingent workers, and volunteers. Exceptions are permitted for those employees who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster five months after receiving the second dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or two months after the J&J vaccine.
This opportunity requires travel to MSK’s Manhattan campus and to other MSK regional sites for scheduled meetings and training. This position requires coverage to the Commack Regional Site.
Hours: Fulltime- 10 hour days flexed Monday – Friday
• Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment.
• Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization.
• Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels.
• Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
• An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
• Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Provide as an integral member of the clinical research team provide direct nursing care to research study participants.
• Implement the standards for research protocols in compliance with regulatory, institutional and external agencies.
• Work within a Nurse-Physician based Ambulatory Care Practice Model.
• Perform patient assessment, offer patient education and patient/family support
• Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care to patients throughout various stages of treatment on protocol and follow-up.
• Participate in an individualized training/orientation program geared to teaching or reinforcing the principles of Clinical Trials Nursing practiced at MSKCC.
• New York State RN license
• Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
• A minimum of 1.5 years of oncology nursing experience required
• Clinical research nursing experience highly preferred
• Proficiency with clinical and office software (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.