Company : AHMC Healthcare
Country: United States
Location : San Gabriel, California
Post: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 20:01:00 GMT
Expires: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
Under general supervision and medical direction, ensures prompt, efficient and accurate performance of laboratory testing services within assigned laboratory section. Responsible for one department /shift of the laboratory. Directs activity and reporting of test results performed by non-licensed personnel. Is capable of performing all the duties of a Medical Technologist II. Consults personnel for technical errors in the department/shift he/she is responsible for.
• Analyze clinical laboratory specimens following the standard methods and procedures.
• Perform tests calibrations and runs Quality Control materials at appropriate intervals, and evaluate results to decide whether tests should be reported.
• Determines the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria.
• Evaluates the acceptability of analysis prior to releasing patient results.
• Responsible for scheduled preventative maintenance and laboratory equipment calibration.
• Accurately performs and record proficiency testing
• Review monthly QC and Levy Jennings as applicable.
• Review monthly log sheets results as applicable.
• Perform and review bi-annual correlation and linearity as applicable.
• Review and revise/update policy and procedures annually and/or as needed.
• Inventory of supply and reagent of the department.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Six years experience as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist preferred
Three years hospital Blood Bank experience
Previous supervisory experience preferred
Current CA License as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist