Community Paediatric Consultant
Job Title: Community Paediatric Consultant
As a Community Paediatric Consultant in the UK, you will be a senior medical professional specialising in the healthcare of children and young people within community settings. Your role involves clinical assessment, diagnosis, and management of a range of paediatric conditions, as well as collaboration with multidisciplinary teams to provide holistic care.
* Conduct comprehensive assessments and examinations of children and young people.
* Diagnose and manage a variety of paediatric conditions, including developmental and behavioural issues.
* Provide ongoing medical care for children with chronic illnesses or disabilities.
Collaboration and Multidisciplinary Teamwork:
* Work closely with paediatricians, nurses, therapists, and other healthcare professionals to ensure integrated care.
* Collaborate with schools, social services, and community organisations to support children's well-being.
Consultation and Advising:
* Offer expert advice to parents, guardians, and other caregivers on child health and development.
* Provide guidance to community healthcare workers and educators on paediatric health issues.
* Medical degree and completion of specialised training in paediatrics.
* Full registration with the General Medical Council (GMC) in the UK.
* Membership or Fellowship with relevant professional bodies.
Skills and Competencies:
* Strong clinical skills in paediatric medicine.
* Excellent communication skills for effective interaction with children, parents, and colleagues.
* Ability to work collaboratively in a community-based, multidisciplinary setting
£70 – £80/hour