Website PDS Defense
Company : PDS Defense
PDS Defense, Inc. is seeking a Electrophysics Engr/Scientist 5, in Huntsville, AL.
* The Missiles and Weapons Systems (MWS) organization is dynamic and growing with a leadership team focused on attracting and developing top talent in support of critical missions for National Defense and Strategic Deterrence.
* Connected to our customers’ missions, we deliver unique capability through our exceptional talent.
* The programs that we support in Huntsville, Alabama include Ground-based Midcourse Defense, precision-guided munitions, and Integrated Air & Missile Defense products (PAC-3, Avenger, ABMD); Missile Defense Agency National Team (Systems Engineering, C2BMC), and Strategic Deterrence Systems (which includes Minuteman ICBM support and guidance system repair).
* As a Senior Lead Antenna and RF/Microwave Design & Analysis Engineer you will support radar design efforts spanning antenna/receiver/transmitter/exciter system architecture development; system requirements generation/flow down; system design/analysis; schematic design/layout; and system performance verification including range and lab testing.
* You will ideally have experience designing phased array antennas; RFIC/MMIC and analog circuit blocks such as power amplifiers, switches, low-noise amplifiers, phase shifters, and/or attenuators; and/or high-performance millimeter wave GaAs or GaN MMIC power amplifiers with simultaneous power, bandwidth, efficiency, and linearity requirements.
Position responsibilities could include:
* Develop and validate requirements for various designs and components
* Identify architectures to integrate systems and components into higher level systems
* Propose strategic design solutions and perform trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements
* Create detailed designs (and/or lead suppliers’ design) of RF circuits, components, or sub-systems.
* Define and conducts tests to validate performance of designs to requirements
* Manage appropriate aspects of supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements
* Provide support to products throughout their lifecycle by developing root-cause analysis of anomalies and other engineering support for continuous improvement efforts as requested
* Support project management by providing work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and by reporting project status
* You will also provide input and oversight to internal and external development programs
* Demonstrate proficiency of one or more analysis tools, such as Ansys HFSS and TICRA Antenna Analysis tools
* Effectively communicate with both internal and external customers
* This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
* This position requires an active US DoD Secret (or higher) Security Clearance.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
* Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
* 10+ years of experience in the field of RF/Microwave electronics design and test
* An active US DoD Secret (or higher) Security Clearance.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* 12+ years of experience with engineering concepts, processes and methods
* 3+ years of experience system engineering, including system architecture, requirements and interface development and allocation, verification, and validation
* 5+ years of experience providing technical oversight of RF/microwave system or component suppliers
* Full product life-cycle engineering experience: ie, conceptualization, design/development, test/verification, production/continuous improvement, and sustainment
* 5+ years of experience with mentoring early-careers and less-experienced engineers
PDS Defense, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call (phone number removed) to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Defense, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Defense, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Defense, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information, please click on the following link: E-Verify.
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit (url removed).