Forensic Nurse (RN) – Registered Nurse – Forensics
Website Bon Secours
Company : Bon Secours
Country: United States
Location : Petersburg, Virginia
Post: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 20:38:42 GMT
Expires: Wed, 01 Mar 2023 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Southside Medical Center Location
The Forensic Staff Nurse is an advanced unit-based clinician who, with increasing independence, utilizes the nursing process and current clinical knowledge to provide professional nursing care for all forensic patients within the Bon Secours Richmond Healthcare System. Utilizes advanced knowledge and experience as a forensic nurse, to assess the medicolegal needs of patients, collaborate with health team members to coordinate patient care, anticipate the outcomes of nursing interventions, and set criteria for the quality of patient care. Participates in professional development activities. Provides patient, staff and community education, and assesses need for and implements unit based activities (quality assessment, in-services, etc.). Accepts responsibility and accountability for ethical/legal functioning.
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Virginia or awaiting reciprocity.
3. A BSN degree, along with trauma, critical care and pediatric experience are strongly preferred.
4. Must have broad based knowledge of clinical, psychosocial, and patho/physiological theories relating to nursing diagnosis and treatment. Possesses the ability to perform the range of nursing techniques found in general nursing practice including the unusual and non-routine. Utilizes teaching skills and understanding of group dynamics.
5. Must attend a 40-hour didactic Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner/Forensic Nurse Training Seminar and successfully complete the written examination and complete all post-training clinical hours satisfactorily within a 6-month period.
6. Maintains current CPR certification.
7. Basic computer skills are required.
8. Two years of nursing experience strongly preferred
Primary Shifts: Evening/Nights (3p-3a and 7p-7a)
Bon Secours is an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
Prescription drug coverage
Flexible spending accounts
Life insurance w/AD&D
Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
Paid time off
And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Evenings/Nights (United States of America)
Forensic Nursing – Richmond Health Source
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email (url removed). If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at (url removed).
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.