Gene Therapy Scientist
Company : Kelly
Country: United States
Location : Daly City, California
Post: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 05:12:14 GMT
Expires: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
Science & Clinical is seeking Gene Therapy Scientist professionals who are eager to bring the latest scientific discoveries to life in order to create a brighter, safer and healthier future for all. If youre passionate about shaping the world we live in and ready for a new challenge, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
The candidate will be expected to collaborate with other groups within the Gene Therapy and Research Departments to drive innovation of new cell line technologies to produce AAV viral vectors. Success in this position will require the candidate to drive cell line engineering and implement novel molecular biology tools to improve Biogen’s AAV production systems. This individual will also drive program development as needed to support future AAV products.
* Work collaboratively within the Cell Line Development group to drive innovation of new vector production technologies via plasmid vector design and genetic expression control. Targets for development include system productivity, product quality control and genetic stability in multiple production systems.
* Engages in internal collaborations with other Gene Therapy or Technical Development groups to achieve objectives and implement scientific advancements in the Gene Therapy field.
* Manage technical projects to ensure milestones and timelines are met. Openly communicate across functions and departments while maintaining good collaborative relationships.
* Provide technical expertise on topics pertaining to AAV production system development especially novel molecular biology or AAV systems biology and cell line engineering. Present findings and/or results to senior management, external stakeholders, and industry peers at conferences.
* Potential to manage a small team to execute cell line development and vector design activities or clinical gene therapy programs. Expected to provide scientific mentoring to their peers and potential direct reports.
* 6+ years’ experience in cell line development, cell culture development, and/or related areas.
* Ph.D. in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or other related science.
* M.S. degree with relevant industrial experience in Biopharmaceutical development may also be considered.
* Expertise in vector construction, molecular biology, inducible systems, cell line generation, and screening techniques/systems.
* Knowledge and experience working with human and other mammalian cell systems.
* Experience with AAV biology or other viral vectors as well as vector design is a plus.
* Excellent communication skills and a proven track record of publications and presentations
* CRISPR in high demand
Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interestsits the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed. About Kelly
At Kelly, were always thinking about whats next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, were a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. [
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.