Gene Transfer Technology Scientist
Website Affinity Executive Search
Affinity Executive Search
Company : Affinity Executive Search
Country: United States
Location : Rockville, Maryland
Post: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 04:02:42 GMT
Expires: Sat, 09 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
My client is expanding and seeks a Senior Scientist to bring non-coding RNA expertise to their drug discovery efforts. The ideal candidate will take on the following tasks:
* Optimize the design and characterization of AAV vectors expressing a microRNA for the knock-down of endogenous gene expression.
* Discover novel strategies to regulate AAV transgene expression via RNA structure-based approaches such as riboswitch.
* Improve methods to characterize the efficiency and safety of non-coding RNA gene transfer in vitro and in vivo.
* Perform the molecular cloning of AAV expression cassette to support new product pipeline.
* Collaborate with internal groups to progress non-coding RNA-based AAV gene transfer from research into IND enabling studies.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
* PhD in molecular biology or biochemistry, and 5+ years postdoctoral experience.
* Experience using AAV to deliver artificial microRNA for protein knock-down and experience using a riboswitch system to regulate transgene expression are highly desired.
* Proficiency in HTS, NGS, and bioinformatical analysis of non-coding RNA.
* A strong publication record in the field of non-coding RNA with focus on microRNA or riboswitch is required.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.