Company : Orlando Health
Country: United States
Location : Orlando, Florida
Post: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 19:22:56 GMT
Expires: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
Located in downtown Orlando, Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC) has served the Central
Florida community for more than 100 years. With 898 acute-care and rehabilitative beds, it is among the largest
acute-care facilities in the region and the only Level I Trauma Centers in Central Florida. The hospital has earned
recognition from U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” in Central Florida and rated high performing in 12
adult procedures and conditions. Orlando Health ORMC holds the most Beacon Awards for Excellence in the state,
awarded by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses to units that employ evidence-based practices to
improve patient and family outcomes, and is the only adult-care hospital in Orlando to achieve Magnet®
Recognition, the gold standard for nursing’s contribution to quality patient care, safety, research and service
Orlando Health ORMC is the flagship hospital of the Orlando Health system of care, which includes 24 award-winning
hospitals and ERs, 9 specialty institutes, 14 urgent care centers, 100+ primary care practices and more than 60
outpatient facilities that span Florida’s east to west coasts and beyond. Collectively, we provide care for more than
142,000 inpatient and 3.9 million outpatient visits each year.
Orlando Health is committed to providing you with benefits that go beyond the expected, with career-growing FREE
education programs and well-being services to support you and your family through every stage of life. We begin
your benefits on day one and offer flexibility wherever possible so that you can be present for your passions. “Orlando
Health Is Your Best Place to Work” is not just something we say, it’s our promise to you.
The Laboratory Coordinator is responsible for monitoring daily operations in an assigned laboratory section of responsibility.
• Evaluates workflow in the laboratory and coordinates with sections to ensure service delivery is met.
• Regularly communicates with manager on day to day operations.
• Understands the role and function of all laboratory areas and is able to fulfill tech in charge as required.
• Expected to assume bench responsibilities as needed and regularly performs testing at least 60% of the time
• Regularly performs and reports routine, special and point of care laboratory testing following established policies and procedures to ensure the highest quality of laboratory results within established timeframes
• Verifies results and quality control data for accuracy and reliability
• Performs, evaluates, and documents all quality control, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting procedures.
• Monitors pre-analytical, analytical or post- analytical testing processes to ensure acceptable levels of performance are maintained and that corrective action is taken when appropriate.
• Evaluates team competency, monitors results, worksheets, quality control records, proficiency testing and maintenance logs.
• Participates in evaluation of new pre-analytical devices, tests methodologies or instrumentation under the direction of the manager and medical director.
• Works cooperatively with all customers and responds effectively to meet or exceed the customer’s needs.
• Orients and trains team members.
• Completes performance competency evaluations, coaching plans.
• Recognizes and provides positive feedback and reward for performance and addresses disciplinary actions for all team members of an assigned section.
• Schedules staff to meet workload requirements while minimizing expense.
• Ensures compliance of all departmental policies and procedures according to regulatory and accreditation requirements.
• Prepares work schedules and assignments for team members of the section.
• Manages various human resources functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and performance counseling.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal,
state and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
• Supervises time entry for accuracy and completeness.
• Maintains inventory of supplies for section.
• Maintains an active role in the laboratories quality improvement program (incident reports, CAP surveys, TAT’s, service guarantees) and ensures level of competencies to include orientation, departmental training, and complete understanding of all
areas of assignment.
• Enforces departmental compliance of all safety and infection control practices.
• Maintains confidentiality of patient record and hospital and departmental issues at all levels.
• Provides significant input for and leads departmental meetings as directed by the manager.
• Provides laboratory education to departments outside of the laboratory as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Maintains current Florida license(s) if required for area of responsibility.
Certified by a professional laboratory certification agency, i.e. ASCP or eligible, if required for area of responsibility.
Three (3) years hospital laboratory experience.