Laboratory Assistant 1 – Sign on bonus available
Website Northern Arizona Healthcare Corporation
Northern Arizona Healthcare Corporation
Company : Northern Arizona Healthcare Corporation
Country: United States
Location : Flagstaff, Arizona
Post: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 01:25:10 GMT
Expires: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
1k sign on bonus available
Full time, part time and relief positions available
The Laboratory Assistant is responsible for up-front specimen handling and facilitating the workflow in and out of the laboratory, performing a variety of clerical and preprocessing duties and interacting with others using a variety of communication tools. Collects specimens from newborns, infants, children, adolescents and adults of all ages. Performs the pre-analytical phase of specimen preparation and must handle bio-hazardous and infectious material while following proper safety precautions.
* Demonstrates ability to collect venous specimens from pediatric and adults patients.
* Demonstrates ability to collect capillary specimens.
* Properly labels specimens in front of patient (OP) or at bedside.
* Demonstrates ability to collect throat specimens.
* Demonstrates ability to collect NP specimens for RSV, Flu, and MRSA.
* Properly collects blood cultures.
* Properly identifies and collects blood bank specimens.
* Properly identifies a patient (Name, DOB) prior to blood collection.
* Performs good infection control techniques.
* Properly handles specimens that need to be protected from light and temperature control.
* Look up send-out requirements prior to specimen collection.
* Logs specimens into appropriate location.
* Properly receives lab specimens coming in from another NAH Laboratory.
* Properly distributes specimens within the lab.
* Plates micro specimens accordingly.
* Properly re-labels specimens with Cerner generated labels.
* Maintains a well organized processing area.
* Manages the pending for upcoming draws.
* Organizes the specimens appropriately with the different priorities (RT, ST, TM, ASAP, AM).
* Aliquots specimens for specimen stability.
* Stabilizes specimens appropriately for transport to outside lab.
* Ability to enter new tests into all required ordering systems.
* Ability to look up and print out patient orders in Powerchart.
* Demonstrates ability to perform full registration, quick reg, and client bill with knowledge of their differences and when to perform them.
* Ability to look up and provide patient results.
* Ability to look up container details (collector, collection date/time log-in location, instrument routing.
* Ability to modify specimen collection information.
* Ability to look up and print future orders.
* Ability to pull up a fax list daily.
* Ability to monitor a pending list and discusses at shift change.
* Responsible for reporting any safety-related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety-related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
* Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employee’s area of responsibility.
* If required for the position, ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
* Completes all company mandatory modules and required job-specific training in the specified time frame.
* Ability to monitor patients for unexpected reactions and responds to emergency situations as required.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)- Required
Certification and Licensure:
Lab Assistant 2
National Phlebotomy Certification – Required
Approved phlebotomy training program – Preferred
Minimum of 1 year experience in the Laboratory- Preferred
Healthcare is a rapidly changing environment and technology is integrated into almost all aspects of patient care. Computers and other electronic devices are utilized across the organization and throughout each department. Colleagues must have an understanding of computers, and competence in using computers and basic software programs.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.