Company : UnityPoint Health
Country: United States
Location : Marshalltown, Iowa
Post: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 19:52:58 GMT
Expires: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
UnityPoint Health- Marshalltown
Full-time; Day/Evening shifts; Every 3rd weekend & rotating holidays
The Laboratory Scientist, Non-Certified position is responsible for performing waived and moderate complexity laboratory tests and analyses in the hematology, special chemistry, chemistry and microbiology departments in the laboratory. The Laboratory Scientist, Non-Certified collects and processes patient specimens within the laboratory and is responsible for quality control and maintenance of laboratory equipment
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what’s right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at (url removed)/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
· Performs waived and moderate complexity lab testing following proper laboratory procedure and follow up of critical lab values
· Works to support testing in the department areas of chemistry, hematology, specimen collection and processing and other department areas as defined by complexity of testing.
· Works closely with Certified Laboratory techs (MLS/MLT/MT) with lab procedures, tests and training
· Assists with training of new staff into proper laboratory procedures and processes
Quality of Care
· Performs and verifies quality control and instrument maintenance and troubleshooting
· Understands quality in laboratory testing
· Follows lab regulatory requirements for CLIA, CAP and Joint Commission
· Collect, receive and process laboratory samples and sendouts following proper laboratory procedures. Includes training in phlebotomy (blood draws).
· Registers, orders and documents patient lab orders in the LIS and HIS computer systems
· Perform inventory management and other miscellaneous tasks as needed
Bachelor’s degree in chemical, physical, or biological science from an accredited institution
College or post graduate laboratory experience
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Must be able to read, write and speak English
Must possess basic computer skills and knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, email and web browser