Laboratory Specialist II
Company : Sysmex
Country: United States
Location : Mundelein, Illinois
Post: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 13:16:01 GMT
Expires: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
Find a Better Way…
…to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
…to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
…to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for a Laboratory Specialist II. The Laboratory Specialist II in this role will support in-house studies on Sysmex instruments and similar instruments and products in the Regulatory and Clinical Affairs (RACA) Laboratory. In addition, the Laboratory Specialist II will be responsible for maintenance and QC of laboratory equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform testing on prototype, investigational use and on-market clinical laboratory instruments, software, reagents and controls manufactured by Sysmex America Incorporated (SAI) and similar instruments and products.
2. Evaluate the Investigational Use Only (IUO) instruments according to Instructions for Use / package inserts. Learn to operate comparator and/or screening devices and confirmatory tests.
3. Adhere to established procedures, study-specific protocols and timelines. Upload data files or perform manual data entry as needed.
4. Perform QC with appropriate frequency and evaluate results. Report shifts or trends to the Laboratory Manager. Perform and properly document preventative maintenance as scheduled to ensure equipment is operational.
5. Have the ability to evaluate results, recognize problems and initiate troubleshooting if necessary.
6. Monitor laboratory supplies (consumables, reagents, controls, chemicals, etc.) in the laboratory and order supplies as needed.
7. Assist Sr. Laboratory Specialist and/or Clinical Research Associate with preparation of Quick Guides, Work Instructions and Study Logs.
8. Provide input into Clinical Study protocols and reports.
9. Follow all Sysmex policies for safety, environment and infection control.
10. Other duties, as assigned.
Physical Risk: Regular exposures to risk that may require special training and precautions.
Physical Demands: Moderate physical activity. Routine handling of objects 21 to 50 pounds; continuous (at least 80% of time) walking or inspections, keyboard or CRT work. May require periods of moderate discomfort due to noise, dust, lighting and/or other conditions.
Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or equivalent required. Minimum 5 years laboratory experience required.
ASCP certification preferred
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Recent clinical laboratory hematology experience is a plus. Device Applications experience is a plus.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.