Company : Adventhealth
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One for FT/PT positions
· Paid Time Off from Day One for FT/PT positions
· Student Loan Repayment Program for FT/PT positions
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Variable days and hours including rotating weekends and holidays. Normally 6AM-2:30PM but does require flexibility to cover vacancies as needed and to perform training and competency on other shifts as needed
Location: AdventHealth GlenOaks
The role you’ll contribute:
The Lead Medical Laboratory Scientist performs various laboratory procedures in assigned areas as licensed/certified. Is responsible for managing assigned selected aspects of laboratory processes or shifts, which may include workflow, quality control process, performance improvement activities, training of new employees, advanced problem solving for customers and coworkers, department equipment or computer maintenance and upgrades, writing/reviewing procedures, or other tasks assigned. Work customarily involves analytical testing of blood and/or human biological specimens. Analytical laboratory testing generally requires a moderate to high degree of theoretical and practical knowledge and expertise in licensed area(s).
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Assists with staff schedule preparation and workflow assignments as requested.
· Assess competencies according to Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations
· Manages quality assessment and technical oversight, problem solving, scheduling, interviewing applicants, provides input for staff performance, oversees training and competency evaluations
· Assists the Laboratory management with special projects as assigned.
· Reads, examines, and interprets complex test results. Serves as a resource and addresses complex tests/procedures
· Manages instrument maintenance and troubleshooting practices
· Leads quality control and quality assurance testing
· Assists with data collection and special projects, as assigned
· Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking, specimen collection as needed; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities
· Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to established procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as Institutional policies
· Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with established procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients
· Provides orientation and training to new employees and medical technology students as needed, under the direction of the lab leadership. May act as a preceptor when teaching new staff and Students when assigned. Appropriately documents orientation and training of new employees and medical technology students.
· Provides guidance to technical and support staff, resolution to customer service issues within guidelines, and support education to clinical staff as appropriate or requested. Facilitates workflow when necessary
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology field required
· Two years of technical experience required
· MLS or MT credentialed by ASCP, AAB, or AMT required
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.