Material Science Engineer
Company : Hi-Cone
Country: United States
Location : Spring Lake Business Park, Illinois
Post: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 06:04:29 GMT
Expires: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
As a key member of the Sustainability and Innovation Team, the Material Science Engineer reports to the Sustainability Director and is responsible for knowing the latest technologies and additives available for Biodegradable and Compostable plastics, seeking out new technologies and materials to meet Hi-Cones Vision 2025 initiative, and working alongside a multifunctional team to help modify existing products. These key responsibilities ensure Hi-Cone remains the top Sustainable Multipack supplier to our Beer and Non-Alcohol beverage customers.
Material Science Plastics and Sustainability
* Establish and carry out materials test validation for new products, new processes, and changes to existing products. Develop prototypes for new and modified products. Lead troubleshooting issues coming from material changes.
* Seek out new technologies and materials to meet Hi-Cones Vision 2025 initiative. Select best combination of materials based on purported use. Evaluate economic viability of materials testing for commercial production. Work with stated new technologies and new materials to meet Hi-Cones Vision 2025 Objective of Compostable product. Work with internal operations and engineers on manufacturing needs and processes.
* Test and assess materials to meet EN and ASTM standards.
* Advise management on suitability, feasibility, profitably, environmental impact of material. Be an expert on Biodegradable plastics, Compostable plastics, and what this means to our business and to our customers.
* Communicate technical results and challenges across the organization to advance product development.
* Work with commercial and engineering teams to understand customer/consumer pain points and stay current on market trends for packaging materials. Represent Hi-Cone on customer calls discussing materials, specifically Biodegradable and Compostable plastic products, testing and materials.
* Demonstrate understanding of established manufacturing processes and equipment and how these processes need to be changed and updated to meet new product needs. Assisting production team during scale-up phase.
* Ensure a succeed/fail fast mentality in product development process.
* Demonstrate safety and quality control leadership with material science engineering.
* Apply the ITW Principles 80/20 and USa to eliminate complexity and improve profitability of the company.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.