Medical Lab Scientist
Website The University of Kansas Hospital
The University of Kansas Hospital
Company : The University of Kansas Hospital
Country: United States
Location : Kansas City, Missouri
Post: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 04:25:33 GMT
Expires: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
Medical Lab Scientist
KUCC – East – Lee’s Summit, KUCC – North
POSITION SUMMARY / CAREER INTEREST:
The Medical Lab Scientist provides comprehensive laboratory testing for patients. The position consists of ensuring patients laboratory results are accurate, timely and with quality.
* Analyzes patient, control and proficiency testing specimens and records results in a timely manner according to laboratory policy.
* Calibrates, maintains, operates and troubleshoots instrumentation issues and completes appropriate documentation.
* Completes continuing education and submits appropriate documentation where applicable.
* Follows regulatory, accreditation, safety and hospital standards, policies and procedures.
* Instructs, orients and mentors students, employees, residents, patients and other health care providers as applicable.
* Maintains an adequate inventory of all supplies. Accurately prepares, labels and stores reagents, standards, controls and specimens for analysis.
* Participates in quality assurance and quality improvement activities.
* Performs phlebotomy and sample collection as applicable.
* Reviews and correlates results of laboratory tests to each other and with the patient’s condition, recognizing abnormal results and critical/alert values. Verifies accuracy of results.
* The employee may be required to float to other locations throughout the organization.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
* ASCP, NCA or eligible (Must be completed within 6 months of hire)
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Biological, Physical, Chemical or Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology from an accredited institution
* Graduate of a NCCLS approved training program
JOB REQUISITION ID:
NEED HELP FINDING THE RIGHT JOB?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.
[LinkedIn | ] [ [Youtube | ] [ [Facebook | ] [ [Twitter] [
Take your place among the best in health care as part of our elite team at The University of Kansas Hospital, the region’s premier academic medical center. We invite you to join us as we lead the way, setting new standards for advanced and compassionate patient care.
No one in the region offers employees more than The University of Kansas Hospital. In addition to a strong compensation package, we provide medical insurance, short- and long-term disability, paid time off and a retirement plan with many investment options. You receive all of this, plus the satisfaction that comes from working for the regions premier academic medical center. Our employees are highly respected throughout the health care industry.
Our hospital has earned the American Nurses Association’s 2010 Award for Outstanding Nursing Quality for academic medical centers. We’re the No. 1 hospital out of 1,700 academic medical centers nationwide in this category. The award is based on the nursing performance measures collected and reported to ANA’s National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators, the only nationwide database of its kind.
The University of Kansas Hospital is the first hospital in Kansas to attain the highly coveted Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Our Department of Nursing began working toward this goal in 2002 and received the designation on December 20, 2006. Less than four percent of all hospitals nationwide have earned this distinction since the ANCC developed the Magnet Recognition Program in 1990.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.