Medical Laboratory Scientist PRN – New Graduates Welcome to Apply
Website Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital
Company : Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital
Country: United States
Location : Stephenville, Texas
Post: Fri, 03 Feb 2023 20:43:29 GMT
Expires: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
*Medical Laboratory Scientist PRN – New Graduates Welcome to Apply*
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We are looking for a qualified _*Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) PRN *_like you to join our Texas Health family.
* Work location: 411 N Belknap St, Stephenville, TX 76401
* Work hours: PRN; As needed, various shifts
Please copy and paste the link below in your browser to apply.
* Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment.
* Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated leadership resources.
* Enjoy opportunities for growth.
*Here’s What You Need:*
* Bachelor’s Degree for an MLS (or attained within 3 months of hire date)
* Bachelor’s Degree required within 3 months of hire.
* Medical Technology, Applied Technology, Clinical Lab Science or Chemical, Physical or Biological Science preferred.
* Individuals hired as a CLS II prior to January 3, 2010 will be grandfathered to the MLS position with existing education.
* Internship in an approved Medical Technician training program required.
* 2 years’ experience in a Medical Laboratory highly preferred.
*Licenses and Certifications:*
* MLS (ASCP), MT (ASCP), MLT (ASCP) required within 90 days from hire Or
* AMT, AAB, HHS, NCA, HEW, CLS- CA, FL, NY state license, Philippine Board of Technical Technology required upon hire Or
* M (ASCP) – Microbiology if working in Microbiology required upon hire Or
* BB (ASCP) – Blood Banking if working in Blood Bank required upon hire.
* MLS (ASCP), MT (ACSP), MLT (ASCP) preferred
* Strong positive interpersonal skills.
* Ability to read, write and speak English clearly.
* Problem solving ability, time management skills.
* Possess organizational skills to function successfully in a fast-paced work environment.
* Computer literate.
* Specimen integrity is recognized by evaluating and solving problems related to collection and/or processing of specimens.
* Specimen conditions are identified that adversely affect test results.
* Maintains specimen integrity throughout the testing process.
* Facilitates workflow process.
* Checks outstanding tests list in a timely manner.
* Troubleshoots and follows through on outstanding tests which appear to have not been collected/received when expected.
* Knows and uses computer downtime procedures as needed when computer is not available.
* Gives proper notification when supplies need to be ordered.
* Utilizes time between testing to accomplish other needed tasks. (evaluation of kits, preparing controls, supply management, housekeeping duties, etc.)
* Performs tasks in a manner that enhances the quality of care.
* Helps other hospital and laboratory coworkers to provide timely patient care.
* Demonstrates active cost effectiveness.
* Participates in orientation and training of students, volunteers, new employees and observers.
* May be responsible for ongoing competency assessment for employees.
* Maintains commitment to profession by attending continuing education sessions (ex. Web seminars, ASCP seminars, Tarleton and Lab sponsored seminars by industry).
* Completes mandatory hospital/laboratory education and departmental competencies within required time frame.
* Mandatory health requirements are completed with required time frame.
* Completes assigned work within required time and offers assistance to other coworkers.
* Uses laboratory equipment (computer, instruments, etc.) for hospital use only.
* Time and attendance is satisfactory.
* Employee exhibits a professional appearance.
* Seeks assistance/supervision/consultation as needed and reports to supervisor any problems and/or solution regarding delivery of patient care.
* Interacts professionally and pleasantly with all encountered and promotes customer satisfaction.
* Adhere to the THR Promise Behaviors.
* Follows established laboratory test procedures, including using proper computer protocol.
* Evaluates and reports test results.
* Communicates and documents relevant patient data to appropriate personnel.
* Relays information to next shift and coworkers (ex. instrument malfunctions, unusual patient results, testing problems).
* Gives direction and guidance to technical staff and laboratory support personnel.
* Demonstrates understanding of quality control guidelines.
* Follows Laboratory policies when quality control is not within established limits.
* Resolves quality control discrepancies before releasing/reporting patient results.
* Documents and review QC and ensure corrective action when appropriate.
* Performs and documents laboratory equipment maintenance protocols within established time limits.
* Demonstrates knowledge to troubleshoot equipment.
* Follow laboratory protocol for proficiency testing.
* Incorporates safety/infection control measures into work practices.
* Follows HIPAA guidelines.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and follows all hospital and Lab safety/infection control policies and procedures.
* Participates in required hospital/laboratory safety drills.
* Utilizes the event reporting tool to document and report patient situations, on-the–job injuries, and medical device Malfunctioning.
Pay: $27.69 – $42.15 per hour
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Night shift
* Rotating shift
* Rotating weekends
* Weekend availability
* Medical Laboratory: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.