Network Forensics Cybersecurity Analyst -Senior
Company : phia
Country: United States
Location : Arlington, Virginia
Post: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 05:49:35 GMT
Expires: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
At phia, our goal is to hire talented and passionate team members who desire to grow their skillsets, as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients, and stakeholders. We love to engage with intellectually curious individuals who possess the skill sets that meet our customers needs.
We have an opportunity for a highly skilled senior level Network Forensics Cybersecurity Analyst to join the security team of a government organization that is securing the nations infrastructure. In this position you will provide remote and onsite advanced technical assistance critical to the customer mission. Job location is in Arlington, VA with temporary telecommuting during COVID-19.
What You’ll Do
* Assist the Government lead in coordinating teams in preliminary incident response investigations
* Assist the Government lead with interfacing with the customer while on site
* Determine appropriate courses of actions in response to identified anomalous network activity
* Assess network topology and device configurations, identify critical security concerns, and provide security best practice recommendations
* Assist with the writing and publishing of Computer Network Defense guidance and reports on incident findings to appropriate constituencies
* Collect network intrusion artifacts (e.g., PCAP, domains, URIs, certificates, etc.) and use discovered data to enable mitigation of potential Computer Network Defense incidents
* Analyze identified malicious network activity to determine weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, and effects on system and information
* Assist with real-time CND incident handling (i.e., forensic collections, intrusion correlation and tracking, threat analysis, advise on system remediation) tasks to support onsite engagements
Education + Experience
* BS in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering or related degree; or HS Diploma and 10+ years of network investigation experience.
* Must have an active TS/SCI clearance Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
* 8+ years of directly relevant experience in network investigations
* In depth knowledge of CND policies, procedures and regulations
* In depth knowledge of standard protocols – ICMP, HTTP/S, DNS, SSH, SMTP, SMB, NFS, TCP/IP – In depth knowledge and experience of Wi-Fi networking
* In depth knowledge and experience of network topologies – DMZs, WANs, etc.
* Substantial knowledge of Splunk (or other SIEMs)
* Understanding of MITRE Adversary Tactics, Techniques and Common Knowledge (ATT&CK)
* Knowledge of Computer Network Defense policies, procedures, and regulations
* Knowledge of defense-in-depth principles and general attack stages with respect to network security architecture
* Ability to characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources
* Ability to identify and analyze anomalies in network traffic using metadata
* Experience with reconstructing a malicious attack or activity based on network traffic
* Experience examining network topologies to understand data flows through the network
* Must be able to work collaboratively across physical locations
* This position will require U.S. Citizenship
* Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
* Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
* DoD 8140.01 IAT Level II, (CCNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
* IASAE II, (CASP+ CE, CISSP or Associate, CSSLP)
* CSSP Analyst, GCIA, GCIH, CSSP Analyst/CSSP Incident Responder, CEH – SANS GIAC GNFA
Who You Are
* A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
* An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
* Customer service oriented and mission focused.
* Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
If your experience and qualifications arent a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
Who We Are
phia LLC (“phia”) is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, and Information Assurance/Security. we proudly support various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time employees:
* Comprehensive medical insurance to include dental and vision
* Short Term & Long-Term Disability
* 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
* Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
* Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
phia does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.