Polymer Laboratory Technician
Website Nesco Resource, LLC
Nesco Resource, LLC
Company : Nesco Resource, LLC
Country: United States
Location : Charlotte, North Carolina
Post: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 03:34:40 GMT
Expires: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
This position will have primary responsibility of supporting the Polymer Laboratory. Executing all facets of development and applications testing including:
– Operation of laboratory scale solvent and water phase polymerization reactors
– Preparation of chemical solutions and reaction preparations
– Screening application requests and communicating with requestors to clarify needs.
– Timely entering, updating and closing projects in a database.
-Generating consistent, reliable data and interpreting it.
-Communicating interim and final results in appropriate detail via written reports, emails, phone calls.
– Preparing project materials for shipment to colleagues and customers.
– Maintaining an archive of project materials.
– Maintaining and operating testing equipment & instruments.
-Measuring physical properties of specimens using viscometers, particle size analyzers, rheometers and other instruments.
– Generating ideas that improve the safety, efficiency and/or the overall effectiveness of the laboratory and its team.
-Authoring and/or updating procedures.
-Maintaining neat and organized lab common spaces including project files.
– A Bachelors or Associates degree in science (preferably Chemistry) or 5+ years relevant experience is required.
-Must be capable of working in a structured environment where activities are governed by written procedures.
– Must have a strong sense of work ethic and self motivation. Must operate with a high sense of urgency.
– Must be able to work comfortably in a team environment and also effectively on an individual basis.
– Must have basic computer skills and be comfortable with email, MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
– Controls hardware and software experience is a plus.
– Experience with polymer processing and testing equipment is desirable.
– Must have the highest standards of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail.
-Must be highly organized, flexible and capable of adapting to priority changes on a daily basis.
– Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
-Good mechanical aptitude is desirable.
– Qualified individual will be capable of full shifts of light physical activity, full days of desk work and combinations of both.
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.