Company : Abbott Laboratories
Country: United States
Location : Pleasanton, California
Post: Sun, 05 Nov 2023 09:59:01 GMT
Expires: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Principal Clinical Data Scientist
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
• Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
• Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
• An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
• Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit – an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
• A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
• A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Pleasanton, CA site in the Medical Device divison, Heart Failure.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve.
In Abbott’s HEART FAILURE (HF) division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and lung disease through breakthrough medical technologies, allowing people to restore their health and live full lives.
The Principal Clinical Data Scientist is a senior member of the Global Clinical Affairs team. As a Principal Clinical Data Scientist you will provide scientific expertise throughout the development and implementation of clinical evaluations, risk management, and /or clinical studies. You will drive the clinical science of these projects with various study support groups cross-functional teams in order to fulfill the clinical strategy, as well as develop plans, reports and project deliverables. You will be responsible for interactions with regulatory agencies as needed, and will use your scientific and medical knowledge in order to provide directives to teams as well as study sites as directed by your manager.
What You’ll Work On
• Writes/manages clinical evaluation (plans and reports) or clinical trial protocols, protocol amendments, risk master lists, clinical trial registrations and results postings, clinical study project timelines and scientific publications.
• Facilitates communication between Sales and Marketing, R&D, Clinical R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Library Services, Product Performance Group (PPG), Quality Engineering, Clinical Affairs or Clinical Science, Risk Management, Clinical Project Management, external CROs or Medical Writers, Training, Senior Management and investigational sites as directed by your manager.
• Conducts team meetings, drafting and sending routine correspondence (e.g., newsletters) and/or by presenting regular updates to senior staff.
• Creates, manages, or participates in clinical study or clinical evaluation timelines, and budgets by utilizing the appropriate project management tools, selecting providers or external medical writers, managing vendor contracts as requested, and ensuring expenditures are within budgetary guidelines.
• Analyze data (including defining populations, create model logic, and determine outcomes), draw insights and refine analyses
• Present analysis results in a cohesive manner
• Examine data sets and determine the best end-to-end analysis plan to address key scientific questions
• Facilitates regulatory submissions and communications by communicating with Regulatory Affairs during the submission process.
• Participates in the development of clinical strategy and trial design by conducting meetings with the appropriate departments and individuals to obtain feedback/direction.
• Writes clinical evaluation plans and reports, study protocols, protocol amendments, informed consents, study reports, risk master lists, and scientific papers for publication by evaluating scientific literature, analyzing scientific data and staying abreast of current clinical practice.
• Interprets results in preparation for product applications by evaluating clinical and scientific and risk data and literature, and staying abreast of current clinical practice.
• Presents scientific data by communicating accurate, succinct summaries of clinical results at industry gatherings, investigational meetings and regulatory agency meetings.
• Participates in and supports audits.
• May actively participate in root cause analysis.
• May participate in root cause analysis, preventive or corrective actions, and effectiveness monitoring
• Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering
• 8+ years relevant work experience
• Strong independent data analysis skills
• Strong Data Communication and Figure Creation Experience
• Understanding of statistical principles
• Advanced Degree (PhD, MD, etc) + 4 years relevant work experience
• Advanced Programming Skills (R, SPSS, SAS, MatLab, Etc)
• Demonstrated Advanced Statistical Analysis Experience
Apply Now * Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year. Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity. Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The base pay for this position is $(phone number removed) – $(phone number removed). In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.