Product Manager Chemical Data Management & Compliance
Company : UL
Country: United States
Location : Northbrook, Illinois
Post: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 07:31:48 GMT
Expires: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
[General Green Earth Safer World]
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
MISSION/PURPOSE: TO SUPPORT THE INTERSECTION OF THREE MAIN COMPONENTS OF THE SUCCESSFUL PRODUCT STRATEGY: DEFINING AND OWNING THE PRODUCT DIRECTION; BUILDING AND GROWING A PRODUCT TEAM AND ESTABLISHING THE PRODUCT ORGANIZATION AND PROCESSES.
DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
PRODUCT VISION AND STRATEGY:
Use the previously established product vision in concert with deep market understanding to inform the strategy for a group of related products, or individual products of high strategic importance
Evaluate market needs against ULs and competitors unique abilities to address them
Support and contribute to a go-to-market strategy, describing how value will be delivered to the customer/user, how the product is differentiated from the competition, and what the business model should be
Prioritize product functions and features into a product roadmap
Help define and monitor a set of product goals, outcomes and corresponding metrics to continually evaluate against
Evangelize and communicate the product vision, strategy and goals internally across the organization, as well as externally with clients and prospects
Plan, monitor and manage product lifecycle (Introduction, Growth, Maturity & Decline)
TEAM BUILDING AND CULTURE:
Actively model and promote a set of desired behaviors aligned with ULs CBS
Take ownership of own career and professional development by documenting and communicating career aspirations and any associated development needs to their manager
Support career development needs of direct reports, by clearly defining expectations for their current role, actively soliciting their career aspirations and helping close any gaps
Implement & monitor product management best practices
PRODUCT ORGANIZATION AND PROCESSES:
Support an efficient cross-functional matrix structure to enable effective product development lifecycle
Implement a robust set of processes to power all parts of the product development lifecycle from research/discovery to release management and product support
Contribute to the discovery, adoption and standardization of product management tools to be used across the product organization at each of the stages of the lifecycle
KEY TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN ROLE NOW AND IN THE FUTURE (INCLUDE EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS)
Facilitation skills ability to lead groups of internal and external stakeholders of all sizes towards desired outcomes in order to meet business objectives
Interview skills ability to conduct discovery sessions with clients. prospects and stakeholders in order to diagnose business opportunities, elicit requirements and conduct other types of research
Strong communication and presentation (PowerPoint) skills
Product management tools product design (e.g. Invision, Zeplin), development task management (e.g. Jira, Azure DevOps), documentation and knowledge (e.g. Confluence, SharePoint), collaboration (e.g. Microsoft Teams, Slack), roadmap and portfolio management (e.g. Aha!, Daptiv)
Formal training and/or certification in Product Management is a plus
University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree) in Computer Science, Business, or a related discipline
5 years or more of related discipline experience or demonstrated competency
Working with remote teams is highly preferred
Project management certification is a plus
* UL has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place. Business related travel on behalf of UL requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination
* Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isnt new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
* People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and youll almost always hear, the people. Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. Were able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
* Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers create. Were inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
* Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
* Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, . [
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.