QA Engineer II
Website General Dynamics - Bath Iron Works
General Dynamics - Bath Iron Works
Company : General Dynamics – Bath Iron Works
Country: United States
Location : Bath, Maine
Post: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 23:59:28 GMT
Expires: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
– Provide Quality Assurance in support to all new construction and planning yard programs – Develop and implement program quality plans and procedures
– Maintain and trouble-shoot wide-reaching databases and extraction layers
– Update and maintain procedures by implementing revision changes, formatting and coordinating multiple disciplines to collaborate inputs and process changes
– Set up and lead meetings with multiple departments to get the stakeholders and subject matter experts together to agree on procedural changes and also to answer customer’s feedback
– Work closely with functional leadership and customer to identify needed document changes and stay in close communication throughout the whole revision process
– Maintain the necessary databases for key performance indicator updates, as well as the Intranet Quality webpage or SharePoint for departmental and functional updates
– Familiar with ISO 9001 how it applies to business processes and procedures and its requirements
– Accomplish Receipt Inspections for main yard as needed, which would include processing documentation received by vendor and conducting periodic visual inspections
– Ability to use SAP and MACPAC (or similiar planning tools) to further process receipt inspections by looking up POs – Answer questions and provide the continuum of data-to-information-to-knowledge at all levels of the company
– Q/A Engineer II: Bachelor’s Degree in Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain, or Marine-related field. Demonstrated employment background in Quality Administration, Trades, Ship-board Planning, Design, Marine Industry, or in a Project Engineering/ Management role will be additionally preferred.
– Certification as a Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is strongly preferred
– Q/A Engineer II: A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Design, Planning or a Project Engineering/ Management role. Prefer BIW apprenticeship graduate and/or shipboard experience in either commercial or military assignments or a suitable mix of above.
– Additional experience in Statistical methods for problem solving and usage of Minitab are desired
– Practical Experience with ISO9001 or similar system in ship-building or other heavy regulated industry
– Working knowledge of SAP, MACPAC (planning tools), and industry shop methods and construction processes preferred and/or similar industry experience
– Experience in direct dealings with U.S. Navy Supervisor of Shipbuilding Quality Assurance a plus
– Ability to effectively interface with vendors, customers and internal divisions required.
– Expertise in the use of MS Office Products, especially Access, PowerBI, Excel including PowerPivot, Word documents.
– Familiarity with DAX and VBA is preferred
– Experience with Monte Carlo or other similar simulation software is desired.
– Should be familiar with an understanding of basic database structure and functions
– Ability to exercise technical writing skills in development and revision of varied procedures.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.