Website Source Pro Search
Source Pro Search
Company : Source Pro Search
Country: United States
Location : Mankato, Minnesota
Post: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 19:36:11 GMT
Expires: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
$70-90K plus bonus
Our manufacturing client in Mankato, MN is looking to hire a Quality Engineer. The Quality Engineer will support Corporate Strategies by managing the quality operations in the assigned Value Stream. Develops, modifies,
applies, and maintains quality standards for products and processes. Provides statistical information for quality improvement by gathering data on trends and root cause analysis. Responsible to guide technical evaluation, analysis, and related data acquisition processes to ensure plant quality objectives are achieved.
· Assesses quality performance (or cost-of-quality) using statistical and analytical methods. Devises and implements various methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, reliability and accuracy of products, processes and production equipment.
· Develops and establishes quality systems and procedures, inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans, cost estimates and technical quality plans for proposals. Ensures that project and/or process control documentation is compliant with requirements and/or contract.
· Assesses the cost of, and determines the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications by performing statistical analyses.
· Provides input on quality to product development teams.
· Identifies quality performance, trends and corrective action by coordinating with customers and suppliers. Ensures compliance to specified quality requirements by performing in-house and supplier audits and surveys. Develops and initiates programs to improve supplier performance.
· Prepares reports by collecting, interpreting, analyzing and summarizing data and making recommendations. Analyzes proposed changes in methods and materials. Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions. On quality control activities.
· Participates in failure analysis and corrective action investigations.
· Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to critical areas of production.
· Represents company by interfacing with customers, assisting with internal and external audits. May act as main contact in audit. Develops and coordinates corrective action procedures and plans.
· Communicates and educates Value Stream Team on matters requiring specialized knowledge of quality functions, i.e., Production Approval Process (PPAP), Advanced Product Quality Process (APQP), and document control.
· Makes quality related customer and vendor visits and contacts as required.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing industry networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, maintaining American Society for Quality certification, and/or participating in other professional associations.
* Bachelors degree (BS) in Engineering or a related discipline.
* 2 or more years of related experience demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through.
* American Society for Quality certification desired.
* Thorough knowledge of state-of-the-art inspection and quality inspection and quality engineering/assurance techniques, procedures, instruments, equipment, theories, principles and concepts and general business operations.
* Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques to quality and manufacturing functions.
* Ability to use standard business applications software and/or specialized data analysis tools.
* Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete projects.
* Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders and top management.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback and self-development activities.
* Six Sigma and Lean tools experience is desired.
* Experience in maintaining and improving QS9000/ISO900 and TSI6949 Systems is desired.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.