Research Administrator II – Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies
Website Tufts Medical Center
Tufts Medical Center
Company : Tufts Medical Center
Country: United States
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Post: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 06:01:57 GMT
Expires: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
This position will support our Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies [
This position works in a team environment to assists researchers and program staff in the Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies (ICRHPS) with all aspects of pre and post award research program management. Reporting to the Institute Director of Administration, this position will be assigned a portfolio of researchers and responsibilities include the submission of research grant proposals, and managing all administrative, financial, and compliance activity related to awards. This position will be responsible for supporting several principal investigators involved in federal, foundation and industry funded research projects.
Carry out pre award research administration tasks:
* Meets with principal investigator (PI) in advance of proposal submission deadline to review application guidelines, timelines, and project plans. Responsible for formulating proposal development plan, project budget, administrative and institutional materials, initiating conflict of interest reporting, and acting as primary contact for subawards and collaborators.
* Works with PI and research staff to assemble final proposal documents, ensure proposal is complete and error-free and submit to funding agency. Communicate with program staff at funding agency as needed.
* Responsible for appropriately routing proposals for institutional approval, using the Tufts Medical Center electronic research administration system.
* Follows proposal, post-submission, including tracking review dates, responding to just-in-time requests and any required communication or follow up with funder.
* Performs daily post-award research administrative duties associated with restricted and unrestricted activities in ICRHPS. Successful performance of duties requires the incumbent to understand the aims of each funded project and policies of the funding agency and Tufts Medical Center.
* Responsible for working with Research Finance and Grants and Contracts to set up new grant or contract awards, revise budgets, and initiate subawards, ensuring completion of conflict of interest, IRB and other requirements.
* Reviews and reconciles hospital monthly financial reports for each activity ensuring that all reported expenses and revenues are allowable, appropriate and accurate. Initiates and tracks paperwork to process expenses, submit invoices, and make changes and corrections.
* Meets regularly with each PI to review budget, staffing, expenses, progress, and deliverables on portfolio of projects. Develop and review funding forecasts with PI for future planning.
* Develop collaborative relationship and communicate regularly as needed with program staff at funding agency.
* Works closely with Research Finance to ensure that expired activities are closed out properly and financial reports are submitted to funding agencies.
* Maintain thorough files with proposal, award notices, expense records, correspondence, and notes, accessible during period of project and for appropriate years following for compliance.
* Provides staffing for ICRHPS central research administrative requirements:
* Distribute, track, and file monthly time and effort reports for ICRHPS research personnel.
* Assist Director with annual ICRHPS fiscal year budget forecasts and quarterly updates for research portfolio.
* Maintain updated information for assigned PIs and research centers including biosketches, other support information, resources/environment, trainee tables, etc. and share as needed with colleagues in ICRHPS and outside.
* Coordinate the monthly physician research bill with ICRHPS research administrators, Director, and Research Finance. Assist the Director with management and reconciliation of physician group activities.
* Regularly review agency/foundation notices to assist faculty in identifying potential new sources of funding. This requires an understanding of the research program areas of interest and expertise.
* Provide support to PI and Director with any licensing, technology transfer, or intellectual property issues related to research projects.
* Meets regularly with Director to discuss issues, submit reports, and receive assignments. Attends weekly ICRHPS research administration staff meetings, monthly Tufts MC Research Administrators Meetings monthly. Works with other members of the ICRHPS administrative team and collaborating departments to provide continuity of management for grant portfolio.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.