Research Analyst – Building Electrification
Website Wood Mackenzie
Company : Wood Mackenzie
Country: United States
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Post: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 06:05:55 GMT
Expires: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
We are looking for a RESEARCH ANALYST to join the Grid Edge research team within Wood Mackenzies Energy Transition Practice. The Grid Edge team consists of leading analysts covering some of the most cutting-edge topics in the energy transition, including transportation and building electrification, microgrids, distributed energy resource participation in wholesale and retail markets, demand flexibility, and grid modernization and decentralization. Our research and thought leadership inform the strategies of key players throughout the energy industry, driving innovative business models while hastening the energy transition.
The Analyst is expected to conduct original grid edge research and deliver analysis through written reports, public speaking, client engagement, and consulting projects. As a subject matter expert, the Analyst will be a public face of Wood Mackenzie and the Grid Edge team, providing thought leadership through editorials, conference presentations, and media engagement.
The Analyst will take ownership of building electrification research. Buildings are responsible for 13% of U.S. carbon emissions, making this topic of critical importance to the energy transition. Research subtopics include 1) the electrification of space and water heating, 2) building energy management and interoperability, 3) distributed energy resource (DER) integration with buildings, and 4) the grid-interactivity of buildings and their market participation.
The Analyst will establish and maintain relationships with property developers, BEMS and other technology providers, building energy management service providers, financiers, trade associations, and others, developing data-driven, actionable insights that advance the business models of each of these actors as well as investors in the space.
Own and be the subject matter expert in building electrification, including:
* Electrification of space and water heating in residential and commercial buildings
* Building energy management, including BEMS and the interoperability of buildings
* Building integration of DERs such as solar, storage, EV chargers, and generators, and their role in energy management
4. Grid-interactivity of buildings, integrations with demand response aggregators, and business models for participation in retail and wholesale electricity markets
* Produce research reports and other thought leadership that provides actionable insights for property owners and developers, building technology providers, and building energy management service providers
* Track and report on the commercial landscape of building electrification, including investment, M&A activity, business models, and competitive advantage
* Publish timely insights and editorials on technology, market, policy, and regulatory developments
* Contribute to recurring teamwide reports, including our U.S. DER Outlook and Grid Edge Quarterly Executive Briefing
* Provide direct feedback and guidance to Grid Edge clients upon request
* Support the Energy Transition Practices consulting team on grid edge-related engagements
* Present at Wood Mackenzie and external conferences, moderate panels, and host webinars
* Collaborate with other members of the Grid Edge team, as well as other Wood Mackenzie technology and power teams, on joint research projects, reports, and long-term outlooks
* Assist with customer acquisition, retention, and relationship management
* Assist with internal data and model infrastructure development and management
* Travel infrequently, but as necessary, to clients and conferences
We welcome applicants who could work out of our Chicago, Boston, Houston, or New York offices, but will consider remote applicants based anywhere in the continental United States.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.