Company : HistoWiz
Country: United States
Location : Brooklyn, New York
Post: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 07:06:08 GMT
Expires: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
HistoWiz is the largest online histopathology company based in New York City. Our mission is to help biomedical researchers find cures by accelerating histopathology and enabling global collaboration. We are looking for a Research Associate interested in joining us in our mission and making an impact in the scientific community.
Since inception in 2013, we have doubled our month-over-month sales, driven primarily by customer referrals. We are profitable, won numerous awards and are funded by prestigious investors, including Y-Combinator and Zhenfund. We are seasoned scientists with experience at leading academic institutions and have published high impact research in top journals of biomedicine.
HistoWiz has over 1,000 paying customers globally from top academic institutions (e.g. MSKCC, Harvard, Stanford, HHMI) and pharmaceutical companies (e.g. CRISPR, Johnson & Johnson, Regeneron). We process tissue specimens and digitize all of the results, hosting our clients data on a proprietary platform, PathologyMapTM . This platform not only enables industry-leading turnaround time for diagnosis, but also online viewing, sharing and search. No other platform like this exists, so we are truly building something new that can bridge scientists, doctors, and patients from all over the world to conquer life-threatening diseases collaboratively instead of individually. This online platform also contains the worlds largest collection of pathology data and the first network of top pathologists.
Must possess a thorough working knowledge of the immunostaining procedures and routine Histology procedures sufficient to accomplish the following:
* Perform IHC, IF or ISH
* Work with staff pathologists to perform antibody validations and optimizations
* Troubleshoot quality issues
* Create and/or monitor essential documents through the daily operation
* Exchange instrument specific reagents at designated intervals
* Maintain laboratory organization
* QC/QA of all antibodies
* Coordinating communications between our internal team of technicians and pathologists with clients
* Maintain accurate work records and document all progress in our Laboratory Information Systems
* Design and recommend processes, systems, and operational changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness
* Review slides for overall quality of preparation such as staining intensity, proper cover slipping and stain artifacts
* Bachelors degree in science or related field
* At least 1 year of experience performing manual IHC or IF staining in a laboratory setting
* Strong computer literacy
* Operation of automated stainers and scanners (e.g. Leica, Polaris)
* Experience with multiplex IHC/IF assays
We believe in investing in our employees professional development, and encourage networking within the bioscience, tech, and startup communities for all our employees and collaborators. Compensation is top-notch and stock option is available for outstanding employees, commensurate with the impact you have within our organization, and for the scientific community overall. In addition, we provide the time and freedom to pursue independent projects.
* 100% coverage on employee health, vision and dental insurance, partial coverage for family
* STARTUP NY benefits (exempt from New York State and NYC personal income tax, ~10% salary per year)
* Parental leave
* NY Commuter benefits, free citibike membership
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
* Retirement planning (401k)
* 3 weeks PTO
* Team building events outside of the office
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.