Company : NYU Langone Health
Country: United States
Location : New York County, New York
Post: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 09:00:00 GMT
Expires: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of , the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. For more information, go to , and interact with us on , , , , and .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Scientist -Rodent Genetic Engineering Laboratory (RGEL).
The Rodent Genetic Engineering Laboratory (RGEL) is a fee-for-service laboratory operated by the NYU Langone Health (NYULH) as a state-of-the-art shared resource for biomedical researchers. The Research Scientist will report to the Director of the RGEL and will work within the scientific framework of the laboratory to serve its goals and in collaboration with principal investigators employing the core.
The Research Scientist will be responsible for developing protocols for new gene expression assays. The successful candidate should be a highly motivated individual who will work cross-functionally to support, develop and execute gene-editing experiments in mammalian embryos and cells. This role involves working both independently and collaboratively to define and further develop applications and assays for NYU Langone Health portfolio of gene-editing tools.
1. Responsible for leading gene targeting in mESC with daily responsibilities.
2. Performs mESC validation using Southern blot analysis and targeted ESC characterization, DNA purification and PCR reactions for mESC genomic characterization and validation of founder transgenic animals; Next generation sequencing DNA preparation/library prep.
3. Design transgenic/ES cell gene targeting/CRISPR genome editing strategies.
4. Develop of efficient methods to support transgenic/gene targeted vector construction.
5. Work closely with microinjection team in targeted ES cell characterization.
6. Performs of animal identification and collection of tissue samples.
7. Responsible for accurately recording all work performed including results and methodology.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory equipment, and procedures used in all aspects of the gene targeting laboratory including nucleic acid isolation and detection, cell culture, PCR, Southern blot analysis and other molecular biology techniques.
9. Collaborate and communicate with RGEL Director and the Principal Investigator (PI) to ensure timely and efficient support.
10. Aid Principal Investigator/lab members with experimental design and data analysis.
11. Follow SOPs for all lab protocols.
12. Develop and document SOPs for all new protocols.
13. Communicate with RGEL Director; keep informed on all projects and issues/concerns.
14. Other duties as assigned or required.
Additional Position Specific Responsibilities:
Communication and Relationship to Other Staff:
1. Maintain confidentiality of all research information
2. Excels in cooperation, collaboration and communication with all NYULH employees
3. Communicate professionally and precisely with staff and clients
4. Maintain a professional working relationship with all staff and clients
5. Communicate ideas, problems, and suggestions in a timely and effective manner
1. Is able to recognize problems as they occur, and through the application of appropriate policy/procedure, determines and/or recommends the appropriate solution. Must be able to troubleshoot.
2. Seeks guidance as necessary for the performance of duties; asks appropriate questions when in doubt and utilizes reference sources/materials to ensure accuracy.
3. Advises appropriate personnel of situations/problems requiring intervention or follow-up attention.
To qualify you must have a MS degree and 2-4 years of experience.
Ph.D or Master of Science Degree in Life Sciences or a related field with 2-4 years ofexperience. Substantial experience from having completed Post Doc training with an established record of publications.
Demonstrated experience conducting gene targeting in mouse ESC including building transgenic targeting vector constructs, ESC screening and targeted validation.
Hand-on experience with Southern blot analysis. Must have a proven track record demonstrating experience in genomics and sequencing and ability to work independently without direct supervision.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please . Please to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $58,500.00 – $79,268.80 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please