Scientist 2 – Biology/Microbiology
Website Integrated Resources, Inc
Integrated Resources, Inc
Company : Integrated Resources, Inc
Country: United States
Location : Cornelia, Georgia
Post: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 15:40:39 GMT
Expires: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
POSITION TITLE: Microbiologist Il
JOB TITLE: Scientist 2, Biology/MicrobioIogy
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Principle Quality Engineer
POSITION LEVEL: Contractor
DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance
EEO CATEGORY: PROFESSIONAL-Exempt
SELECTION CRITERIA: EMOST QUALIFIED
LOCATION: CORNELIA ATHENS
SUMMARY: Perform a wide variety of standard Microbiological tests, such as microbial compendia tests and test method qualifications; routine testing such as viable air sampling, surface testing, particulate monitoring, endotoxin, growth promotion, Membrane filtration, and microbial identifications according to SOPs; documentation practices in accordance cGMP; laboratory tasks such as general housekeeping, equipment monitoring and maintenance, inventory of supplies, etc.; and data analysis.
1. Performs environmental monitoring, lab assays and biomarker identification and development
2, Conducts biologic indicator, growth promotion, endotoxin and bioburden testing and microbial identifications.
3. Records information obtained in experiments according to established procedure.
4. Facilitates procedures so that records and raw data are properly retained.
5. Summaries and interprets data.
6. Prepares technical reports and other documents that record data or results.
7. Operates and maintains laboratory equipment, ensures its proper operations; operates analytical and other instruments.
8. Operates in accordance with current GMPs. This includes the ability to understand and apply SOPs and use GMPs for documenting, testing and maintaining accurate laboratory records.
9. Support the Instrument Lifecycle Management Process
10. Support the Software Lifecycle Management Process
11. Assist with various other duties which contribute to the organization and function of the laboratory.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: (Recommended responsibilities for PD, delete or add additional/ as applicable to position, ie Travel/ domestic and international/ weekend travel, Participate in conference late night/early morning hours maybe required occasionally, etc)
1. Work in team environment behaving in a CREDO based respectful manner.
2. Comply with all federally regulated programs.
3. Adhere to Pharmaceutical environmental and safety policies and guidelines.
4. Comply with all job specific safety procedures and utilize PPE when necessary.
5. Comply with quality system requirements as defined within procedures and instructions.
6. Use test equipment (Starett Gauge, Mitutoyo Gauge, MicroProduct, Instron, etc) where applicable.
7. Utilize applicable software systems as needed for the job (e.g. Compliance Wire, ADAPTIV, etc.)
8. Consistently meet required work performance targets (RE’s), if applicable
9. Support LEAN and Six Sigma Initiatives.
10. Support Maintenance Excellence (ME2) including 6S and Operator Asset Care.
11. Accurately complete records as defined within the job procedures (e.g. manual and/or electronic documentation).
12. Perform other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
13. Consistently meet required Training due date targets.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE, TRAINING and SKILLS:
1, An undergraduate degree in Biology or Microbiology (or closely related equivalent degree).
2. A minimum of 1 year industry experience is preferred. This individual must have demonstrated capability to conduct microbiological tests and studies under minimal supervision. Demonstrated good aseptic technique preferred.
3. Individual must be a team player with positive attitude.
4. He/she must be proficient in MS Word and Excel and have good communication and organizational skills.
5, Must have excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills, including conflict management.
6. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
7. The ability to interact and communicate effectively with other functional professionals (i.e. Engineering,
Operations) at all levels is required. The ability to work off-shift hours, based on business needs, is required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES:
1. This individual must have demonstrated capability to conduct microbiological tests and studies under minimal supervision. Demonstrated good aseptic technique preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.