Company : On-Board Companies
Country: United States
Location : South San Francisco, California
Post: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 06:32:39 GMT
Expires: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
On-Board Scientific is hiring a Scientist II (Associate) in South San Francisco!
For immediate consideration please send your resume to
Subject Line: Position, Title, and State you are Located
On-Board Services, Incorporated is an on-site contract service provider for a local manufacturing entity providing full time positions to our employees. We offer benefits as well as 401k.
Title: Scientist – II (Associate)
Position Type: Full Time / 6-month contract
Job location: South San Francisco, 100% onsite/lab based role. Seeking local candidates only
Shift: 8am – 5pm, M-F
Compensation: $34-$36.85 hourly (Based on Experience)
• The successful candidate will have a strong histology background, excellent organizational skills, and the capacity to handle multiple responsibilities in a team environment, often under stringent time pressures.
• Responsibilities for the position will include:
• Assistance with mouse tissue collection/tissue handling at necropsy.
• Familiarity with and implementation of routine fixation and decalcification protocols
• Grossing in of a wide array of human and animal tissues, both osseous and non-osseous
• Assistance with data entry and database updating for specimens in in-house tissue bank.
• Fixed tissue processing and maintenance of tissue processors
• Tissue embedding into paraffin/OCT.
• Sectioning of FFPE and frozen tissue blocks
• Labeling of slides and tissue cassettes using automated slide and cassette printers
• Performance of routine (H&E) and special histochemical stains (both manual and automated)
• The successful candidate will be a strong communicator with good writing skills, which will be used to generate well-organized, comprehensive, and timely documentation of work planned and results on completion.
• The successful candidate may occasionally be responsible, with supervision, for designing small experiments to test new methods, improve old methods, and/or answer well-defined questions pertaining to tissue properties.
• The successful candidate will consult with investigators on points of technical detail regarding tissue handling as needed.
• Comfort with common office computer software (e.g. Microsoft Office) is essential.
• BA or BS in biological sciences
• 4-6 years of full-time work in a pathology, biological research, or clinical laboratory
• HT(ASCP) or HTL(ASCP) certification is preferred
• Familiarity with principles and techniques of immunohistochemistry is a plus
On-Board was founded in 1976 by Robert L. Wilson to provide Engineering and Design services to the chemical manufacturing industry. Today, On-Board is a thriving privately held family of companies with services including Consulting, Professional Engineering, Industrial Maintenance and Facility Management, Contracted Manufacturing and Production Services, as well as Temporary Staffing and Recruiting throughout North America.
The On-Board Family of Companies conducts operations through its Corporate Headquarters located in East Windsor, NJ along with Regional Offices in New Castle, DE and Wake Forest, NC. On-Board’s Mission is to provide “Flexible Service by applying the talents of our people, work processes and technology to meet our clients’ expectations in a Safe, Responsible and Dependable manner.”
On-Board Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
JD# (phone number removed)