Senior Data Scientist, Business Intelligence
Website Forbes Media
Company : Forbes Media
Country: United States
Location : Jersey City, New Jersey
Post: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 05:43:14 GMT
Expires: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. Forbes has recently announced plans to go public and to be listed on the NYSE via a special purpose acquisition company (or SPAC). This will enable Forbes to further capitalize on its successful digital transformation, using technology and data-driven insights to create more deeply engaged audiences, through editorial, product development and strategic investments.
Our office is currently remote. Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. In September 2021, the expectation is that this role will be based out of Jersey City, NJ, offering a hybrid work schedule or can be remote.
As a senior data scientist at Forbes on the Business Intelligence team, youll have the opportunity to work on a variety of unique and interesting challenges. You’ll be part of a highly effective team, who are leveraging data science to advance our business and drive revenue growth.
* Own the development of new and existing machine learning models with a focus on increasing revenue
* Current areas of focus include building audience segments for advertiser targeting, automated anomaly detection, forecasting and topic modeling
* Work with the sr. analyst and data engineer to create data products with a focus on providing insights to drive traffic
* Data mining of large structured and unstructured datasets to uncover insights
* Identify and develop new alternative data sources
What You Bring:
* 4+ years experience as a data scientist (preferably in the publishing industry)
* PhD, MS, in computer science, applied mathematics or other quantitative/computational discipline from a top Western university
* Advanced experience with Python & SQL. Experience with Spark, Dask and html a plus. Certification preferred
* 2+ years experience with popular machine learning open source libraries (pandas, numpy, and sklearn, Tensorflow/Keras, etc.), APIs, cloud computing (Google Cloud Platform preferred), databases (BigQuery preferred), Web Analytics (Google Analytics 360 preferred), GitHub
* Excellent understanding of traditional machine learning methods, feature engineering and data cleansing/analysis
* Hands on experience with natural language processing, regression, classification, clustering and time series forecasting. Familiarity with deep learning approaches a plus
* Experience putting machine learning models into production in a cloud environment and creating data products, preferably at scale
* Experience presenting findings to internal stakeholders at different levels
* Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Looker preferred)
* Knowledge of data visualization tools preferred (i.e.matplotlib, plotly)
* Experience in managing medium and large-scale analytics projects from end to end
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.