Senior Laboratory Planner
Website NELSON Worldwide
Company : NELSON Worldwide
Country: United States
Location : Atlanta, Georgia
Post: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 20:37:43 GMT
Expires: Wed, 01 Mar 2023 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
We are seeking a Senior Laboratory Planner to assist in the growth of our national Science & Technology practice. The ideal candidate must be a broadly experienced, licensed architect or interior designer, with at least 15 years of experience in the planning, design, and construction of facilities for science. This would include academic and biomedical teaching and research facilities, laboratories for biotechnology and pharmaceutical research and development, clinical and forensic science laboratories, and animal research facilities, among other similar project types. Client types should include universities, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, independent research institutes, healthcare providers, and government laboratory users.
The position also requires a blend of strong leadership skills, personal communication and business development acumen, a network of relevant and meaningful professional connections, and a knowledge base normally attributed to a mature professional with current practical experience, and a functional understanding of integrated design services.
Key Attributes and Skills:
• Licensed architect or interior designer (a background or degree in science is helpful but not required).
• Minimum of 15 years of experience, primarily in academic and biomedical laboratory planning and design.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
• Strong business development skills and professional network.
• Technical competence in the programming, planning, and design of laboratory environments.
• Significant laboratory programming, planning and design portfolio.
• Demonstrated networking and marketing capabilities.
• Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team environment.
• Ability to coordinate activities within a national Science & Technology practice.
• Organizational, management, and planning skills, including the ability to take on multiple assignments.
• Proficiency with, and ability to effectively utilize common design software applications.
• Ability and willingness to travel regionally and nationally as necessary to serve client needs.
• Ability to attract, develop, and lead professional and technical staff.
• Ability to mentor and champion the professional development of less experienced staff.
• Knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements pertaining to laboratories.
• Knowledge of market trends and best practices in Science & Technology, and sustainable design.
• Comfort and flexibility working within a start-up practice environment.
• Lead client users in the laboratory programming, planning, and design process.
• Develop solutions to address client’s laboratory planning and design needs.
• Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
• Coordinate activities with the national Science & Technology practice.
• Serve as technical advisor and subject matter expert in academic, biomedical, clinical, forensic, and government laboratory types.
• Participate in the marketing and business development of Science & Technology clients.
• Participate in the response to new Science & Technology project opportunities and interviews.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.