Senior Scientist in Oligonucleotide Chemistry
Website Affinity Executive Search
Affinity Executive Search
Company : Affinity Executive Search
Country: United States
Location : Phoenix, Arizona
Post: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 04:01:46 GMT
Expires: Sat, 09 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
My client is expanding and seeks a Senior Scientist with expertise in oligonucleotide synthesis and purification. The ideal candidate will take on the following tasks:
* Synthesize, deprotect, purify, desalt and lyophilize oligonucleotides to support multiple projects.
* Develop and execute clear synthetic strategies towards chemically modified single and double stranded oligonucleotide sequences and monomers using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies.
* Analyze and interpret data, perform literature reviews, design, propose, and execute nucleic acid chemistry plans, coordinate chemistry and biology data to support oligonucleotide compound progression and patent strategies
* Track progress against project timelines, generate regular status updates, and communicate progress and problems at team meetings.
* Supervise and direct synthetic chemistry activities at contract research organizations (CROs)
* Operate and maintain lab instruments such as HPLC/UHPLC, LC/MS, tangential flow filtration (TFF) system and UV-Vis spectrophotometer.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
* MS/PhD in Chemistry with oligonucleotide chemistry and biotech experience
* Hands-on experience using oligo laboratory instruments such as MM12, MM48, expedite, AKTA oligo Pilot (OP-100), Akta Pr 150 M, ultrafiltration as well as laboratory instruments such as HPLC, LC-MS and UV spectrophotometer.
* Strong understanding of nucleic acid modalities, modification chemistries, sequence selection, and mechanism of action is preferred
* Experience as a project leader in the biotech field is strongly preferred
* Strong track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed first-author publications, patent applications, and presentations at major national meetings is preferred
* Experience in oligonucleotide process development and scale up with a working knowledge of Unicorn software is desirable.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.