Sr. Staff/Principal Scientist – Perception and Control for Robotics
Website OPPO US Research Center
OPPO US Research Center
Company : OPPO US Research Center
Country: United States
Location : Seattle, Washington
Post: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 05:24:30 GMT
Expires: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
The team in OPPO Seattle Research Center focuses on fundamental and cutting-edge AI and robotic techologies based on various smart platforms (e.g., smartphones, IoT devices and robots). We are devoted to developing technologies with great potentials to positively impact peoples everyday lives in three years and beyond.
* Provide technical leadership and expertise of developing perception and control platform for robotics;
* Define long-term and short-term R&D goals for key technologies in robotics; plan technical roadmaps and milestones to achieve the goals;
* Lead and Perform R&D for various key technologies in robotics, from scene perception SLAM, navigation, to trajectory planning, motion control and navigation;
* Closely engage and collaborate with global hardware and software teams to develop current and future technologies for robotics;
* Drive innovative collaborations (e.g., brain storming, seminars, and research topics) across teams inside the company and/or with external teams and labs in universities and research institutes;
* Advance and improve the visibilities of OPPO technologies and products in research and industrial communities.
The candidate will be in charge of developing novel architectures, algorithms and hardware/software systems for robotics, including but not limited to
1. 3D scene perception based on SLAM and multi-sensor fusion (IMU, cameras, LIDAR etc.);
2. Trajectory planning and Motion control;
3. Robot simulation, operating systems and programming;
4. Computing/energy-efficient algorithms and hardware/software systems for robots.
* Have a graduate degree in EE, ME, CS and related areas;
* Hands-on software/hardware experiences in developing and delivering key technologies for perception, motion planning and/or robotic control;
* Have 5+ years of R&D experiences in relevant projects;
* Strong communication, coordination and reporting skills;
* Management ability to lead and perform technical projects;
* Ability to mentor, motivate and provide guidance to team members on definitive tasks.
* PhD degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering and 8+ years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience;
* Hands-on experiences in developing mobile robots/autonomous driving;
* Proven track of publishing novel algorithms and systems at top-tier conferences and journals in perception, control and robotics.
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.