Veterinary Technician Supervisor
Website VCA Animal Hospitals
VCA Animal Hospitals
Company : VCA Animal Hospitals
Country: United States
Location : Sterling, Massachusetts
Post: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 20:36:31 GMT
Expires: Wed, 01 Mar 2023 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job : Apply Online
—————————— Job Description ——————————
Join the VCA Sterling Team!
Are you looking to be a part of a team that supports and encourages each other? Do you want to grow as a leader through the guidance of mentors rather than managers? Do you want to love your career and cultivate that same passion in others?
VCA Sterling is seeking a talented Credentialed Veterinary Technician to join and lead as a Technician Supervisor full time. VCA Sterling is well established, five doctor general practice veterinary hospital, located in beautiful Sterling Massachusetts. Our team has a shared devotion to providing progressive medicine with compassion as a driving force and we are eager to welcome a like-minded individual!
Why Join The VCA Sterling Family?
We are passionate about supporting Veterinary Technicians and are committed to your continuing education and personal career development. VCA is a community of dedicated professionals that will encourage you to explore everything a Veterinary Technician career has to offer. At VCA we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We support a work environment where you can focus on your career, your happiness, and the patients you serve. Below are some of the many benefits of joining the VCA team!
· Access to the people and financial resources of a large veterinary community
· Leadership opportunities
· Career development programs
· Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities
· CE allowance
· Tuition support and sponsorships
· Vet Tech license reimbursement
· Free wellness subscriptions (Head Space)
· Referral bonuses
· Competitive wage
· Medical, dental & vision insurance
· Generous pet care discounts
· Life, long and short term disability insurance
· Paid parental leave
· Paid vacation and sick time
Why We Want You!
As a member of the VCA team, you will support Technician and Doctor teams by creating a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients. Your mission will be to win the confidence of every pet parent—by delivering an outstanding client experience—so we can provide exceptional care to every patient. You’ve worked hard for your credentials (CVT, RVT, LVT) and we want you to use the knowledge that you’ve invested your time and talent in. The skills that you will be utilizing include, but are not limited to:
· Physical examinations and patient assessment
· Anesthesia monitoring
· Surgical preparation and assisting
· Laboratory work
· Catheter placement
· Patient recovery
· Compassionate care of our hospitalized animals
In the supervisor role, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Directing work flow on the floor
· Assists in the educational development of technicians and their skills
· Help with the interview process for potential new hires
· Technician Scheduling
· Assists in staffing and coverage where needed
· Assists in basic protocol and standard procedure training
· Provide opportunities for staff to gain more firsthand experience
· Mentoring technicians within the department
· Working with department doctors to develop protocols to improve the service
· Ensure that VCA polices, guidelines, and recommendations are implemented by all members of the technical staff.
The salary range for this position is $23-$27/ hour
This position is a working supervisory position, which is responsible for the leadership and the supervision of our technical staff. Ready to grow with a collaborative and supportive team?
Apply now- We look forward to getting to know you!
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at (url removed)
To apply for this job please visit www.resume-library.com.