Analytic Scientist: Mass spectrometry
South San Francisco, California
Expiry Date :
Mon, 16 Aug 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
RemeGen Biosciences is a biopharmaceutical company, focusing on the discovery and development of innovative biologics for the treatment of cancers, autoimmune and ophthalmic diseases, based in South San Francisco, California, and Rockville, Maryland. By leveraging our deep insights into oncology and immunology, advanced protein engineering/design technologies, and extensive knowledge in clinical development, our vision is to uncover the novel therapeutic targets and develop the best-in-class and first-in-class biotherapeutics for the patients with significant unmet medical needs. RemeGen Bioscience is a wholly owned subsidiary of RemeGen, a global pharmaceutic company specialized in autoimmune, oncology and ophthalmic diseases.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced talent to join our analytic science group in our South San Francisco office. You will be joining a multidisciplinary team to develop novel therapeutic molecules including antibody and multi-specificity modality. The desired candidate will be working both independently and with cross-function teams.
* Develop and apply novel sample preparation and analytical methods for analysis of therapeutic proteins and synthetic molecules with emphasis on chromatography and mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
* Assess a variety of quality attributes of therapeutic proteins with emphasis on chemical modifications including glycosylation, oxidation, deamidation, aspartate isomerization, hydroxylation and others
* Perform LC/MS analyses of therapeutic proteins using intact, reduced protein and peptide mapping, different chromatographic and electrophoretic techniques
* Communicate (verbal and in written) scientific concepts and results. Work collaboratively with other scientists on multidisciplinary teams and independently to advance projects and studies within required deadlines.
* Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry with emphasis in mass spectrometry
* 2 or more years post-PhD experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
* Documented theoretical knowledge and hand-on experience in peptide mapping of proteins, intact and reduced LC-MS analysis for identification and quantification of chemical modifications
* Training and proven experience of operating Agilent6545xt or Thermo Q-Exactive mass spectrometers and Agilent HPLCs and UHPLCs
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to multitask, effectively plan and follow through on complex projects
* Authorized to work legally in the United States without sponsorship from employer