Anion Chemical Operator I
Expiry Date :
Sun, 08 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Anion Chemical Operator I
DuPont Safety & Construction is recruiting for an Anion Chemical
Operator I to join our Ion Exchange Resins manufacturing team in
Midland, Michigan. As part of DuPont’s Safety and Construction
portfolio, the Water Solutions business provides purification and
separations technology into multiple market channels. Ion Exchange
Resins are primarily used for water purification, food & beverage
processing, and pharmaceuticals manufacturing. These resins are also
heavily used in power generation facilities that supply electrical
power to consumers around the world. Safety & Construction is a
leading provider of engineered products and integrated systems for the
construction, worker safety, energy, oil & gas, transportation, water
purification and medical markets.
An Anion Chemical Operator I provides leadership, operational
expertise, technical, mechanical and hands-on assistance for safe
operation of the Midland Ion Exchange Anion production facility. S/he
is responsible and accountable for the safe and efficient operation of
the Chemical manufacturing system, three unique production trains, two
packaging systems and all support equipment required to operate and
maintain the complex. As part of the operations strategy, s/he will
have the opportunity to learn and rotate through shared process areas.
As an Anion Chemical Operator I, you will:
* Perform Operate Plant global roles & plant support roles as
determined by the unit role assignment process.
* Rotate through all identified assignments as defined by the
Operations Excellence Model (OEM)
* Troubleshoot equipment, process and quality problems using EXCEL
methodology. Takes ownership of analysis of problem and ultimate
* Takes initiative by proactively identifying roadblocks to
achieving the plant goals and work to resolve.
* Provides leadership to effectively organize and execute shift
activities to achieve plant goals
* Able to effectively prioritize the shift activities and assigns
tasks in MTL for completion. Holds operators accountable for their
* Able to effectively motivate the shift to achieve plant goals
* Able to effectively work with a wide range of people including
other shifts, maintenance, project crafts, improvement engineers,
technical support staff.
* Prep and isolate equipment for maintenance. Completes Return to
Operation checks. Write safe work permits.
* Perform competitive work practices.
* Assure compliance with all EH&S requirements related to assigned
roles per plant and site policies.
* Complete compliance checks and routine tasks in MTL.
* Formulate individual goals which align with the plant goals and
execute. Update progress throughout the year.
* Utilize electronic tools (e.g. electronic logbook, office
programs, event and action tool, master task list, open plan,
* Follow applicable supporting work processes (e.g. Global
Maintenance Work Process, Operate Plant Work Process, Material
Flow Work Process, EH&S work process etc.)
* Reviews and updates plant operating discipline (procedures) to
capture best practices.
* Participate in plant initiatives (e.g. involvement in teams,
operating discipline improvements, work process implementation,
work process tools).
* Demonstrate advanced troubleshooting skills and lead and/or
participate in Root Cause Investigations.
* Communicate role related information between shifts and day staff.
* Promote an environment of teamwork while leading through example.
* A minimum of a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent is
required; 2-Year Technical/Vocation degree or higher is preferred
* Previous chemical plant/ production or manufacturing, warehouse,
technician, logistic/military experience is desirable
* Able to operate mobile equipment i.e. fork truck, condors, and
* Able to work outside in various weather conditions (rain, snow,
* Able to use basic tools (Pliers, wrenches, hand cart, dolly, etc)
* Willing and able to work a rotating shift schedule including
holidays and weekends is required
* Willing and able to work overtime, sometimes on short notice is
* Willing and able to wear appropriate PPE (personal protective
equipment) including a respirator, full chemical resistant suit
with supplied full-face respirator is required
* Willing and able to fulfill the occasional use of CPF III suits
and respirators. The use of an SCBA is required. The individual
must be medically approved for respirator use and fit tested, in
addition to maintaining a clean-shaven face to ensure proper
sealing surface of respirator
* Willing and able to lift and move objects that weigh up to 50 lbs
* Willing and able to climb multiple flights of stairs, multiple
times per day is required
* Willing and able to work on elevated surfaces climbing open
vertical ladders is required
* Willing and able to work in confined spaces is required
* Must have a valid U.S. driver s license
* This is a bargaining union opportunity; those selected for hire
may be expected to join the local union
* This role is located in Midland, MI and may require less than 5%
* A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability
to work legally in the United States; No visa sponsorship/support
is available for this position
Production & Maintenance
Oct 6, 2020, 3:29:06 PM