Archaeological Laboratory Director
Southeastern Archaeological Research, Inc. "SEARCH"
Expiry Date :
Sat, 06 Feb 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
SEARCH is the largest archaeology and cultural resource management company in the world, and SEARCH2O is the largest underwater archaeology program. Specializing in mega infrastructure projects and emergency response on land and water, SEARCH delivers high-capacity cultural resource services directly to every region in the United States and globally. Since 1993, SEARCH has completed more than 3,700 projects across 44 US states and 37 countries spanning five continents and three oceans. Commercial and government customers in the Energy & Power, Defense, Federal, Transportation, and Development markets have selected SEARCH for more than $300M in Prime contracts and $2.3B in Team contracts. SEARCH specializes in the full spectrum of cultural services related to Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History, Archives, Collections Management, Museum Services, Geographic Information System (GIS), Documentary Media, and Public Affairs.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time experienced Archaeological Laboratory Director. The Laboratory Director will coordinate with Project Managers (PM) and Principal Investigators (PI) to design, plan and implement data analysis of archaeological material from intake to curation in concert with laboratory staff.
Essential Duties and Functions
* Maintain the highest professional image for our clients, coworkers, media, and general public;
* Prepare the laboratory work plan in conjunction with PMs and PIs in order to meet the needs of each project;
* Schedule laboratory analysis so that all project milestones are met;
* Oversee daily laboratory activities, and ensure that lab work is completed accurately and managed on or under budget;
* Stay current on analytical techniques, standards, and archaeological research;
* Have a thorough knowledge of curation requirements and standards and provide oversight to ensure proper curation for projects conducted across multiple regions;
* Quality control/assurance; and
* Other duties assigned.
Other Important Need-to-Know Information
* This position will be based out of Gainesville or Jacksonville, Florida, but is negotiable.
* Applicants must be eligible to be employed in the United States.
* Applicants must have a valid Drivers License and reliable transportation.
* The position may require occasional travel.
* SEARCH offers a competitive total compensation package with strong health and wellness and retirement plans.
* Pay is commensurate with education and experience.
* SEARCH is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
* SEARCH is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* SEARCH is an Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
* Employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory verification of criminal, education, driving, and/or employment background checks, as well as passing results from a pre-employment drug screen.
For more information about SEARCH, please visit [ and follow us on Facebook [ Instagram [ and LinkedIn [
* Masters degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or related field; and
* At least 5 years experience managing archaeological laboratory work;
* Proven ability to undertake the analysis of material from a wide range of time periods and geographical areas;
* Ability to multi-task on multiple simultaneous projects; and
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Cover letter
* Minimum of three Professional References
* Competitive Salary
* Per Diem (for overnight travel)
* SEARCH-subsidized Group Health Insurance (including Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage)
* SEARCH-provided Short-Term Disability Insurance
* SEARCH-provided Long-Term Disability Insurance
* SEARCH-provided Group Term Life Insurance
* Voluntary Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Emergency Travel Assistance
* Generous 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Paid Holidays (10)
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Merit-Based Raises, Bonuses, and Promotions