Assistant Data Scientist
Abercrombie and Fitch Co.
Expiry Date :
Sat, 27 Mar 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Our Global Data & Analytics team is the hub of harvesting and analyzing data to drive strategic, customer-centric business decisions for our brands. By collaborating with partners across a broad variety of business functions, associates on our D&A team provide recommendations that allow our teams to push boundaries and stay at the forefront of retail trends.
The Assistant Data Scientist on our A&F Corporate Analytics team will focus on statistical modeling, customer segmentation, geo analytics and modeling, advanced customer and product lifecycle analyses, E-commerce, and measurement process support. Primary objectives are to monetize our customer data platform for personalized messaging, conduct in-depth customer analyses, help understand our omni-channel sales potential by market, develop modeling/segmentation approach for various work streams, incorporate new data types & sources into existing data structures, and develop actionable data products that drive the companys bottom line. This role closely partners with our Marketing/Real Estate/Product Management/Operations teams to help support their advanced analytics/reporting and segmentation needs. The Assistant Data Scientist brings passion for learning and data-informed decision making that shapes holistic view of our business with consideration for all aspects of the customer experience – from front-end web & store experience through order fulfillment and customer service.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Modeling & Segmentation
* Build innovative machine learning models and segmentations for personalization initiatives to drive margin, revenue, and conversion.
* Develop Geo optimization models that drive market opportunity assessment and real estate location selection; decompose omni-channel impact in the marketplace as result of store open/closures.
* Build out robust advanced segmentation schemes for our customer and email files.
* Develop various predictive models (response, propensity, life-time value, affinity, churn etc.).
* Understand and be able to apply advanced modeling techniques such as logistic regression, generalized linear models, decision trees, random forest, cluster analysis, survival analysis, etc.
* Identify "low hanging" opportunities to increase conversion, save costs, drive revenue.
* Incorporate new data sources (social, clickstream, unstructured) & new types of data into segmentation/modeling/analysis.
* Serve as quantitative SME for broader A&F team.
* Help identify cross-channel / cross-platform optimization opportunities for customer, product, market, promotions and price.
* Be an evangelist of data-informed decision-making and consistently look out for new ways to leverage data and analytics.
* Ensure data accuracy and single source of truth; work with Data Engineers to identify or build new solutions.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO BRING?
* Bachelors Degree in Data Analytics,Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
* 0-1year of Data/Customer Analytics experience (retail environment is a plus), including:
* Customer-level Predictive Models/Segmentation
* Geo/Location Analytics
* Advanced Analyses (LTV, basket analysis, contact stream optimization, elasticity etc.)
* Advanced Reporting;OR
* Proficiency with SQL, SAS, Python or R.
* Familiarity with Geo analytics tools and big data platforms is a plus.
* Highly motivated/self-starter with a sense of ownership, willingness to learn, and desire to succeed.
* Must perform well in high-pressure situations, balance competing priorities, and demonstrate the ability to work without direct supervision.