Associate Manufacturing/Production Technician – Qa-310622
Cornerstone Building Brands
Expiry Date :
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
ASSOCIATE MANUFACTURING/PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN – QA-
Auburn, WA, USA Req #9441
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
_Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play._
* Opportunity Description:
The Quality Technician inspects finished product for consistency within established product quality specifications. Associate conducts tests to reveal non-visual product flaws. Associate accepts product within specification and rejects all out-of-specification product. Associate ensures all testing equipment is in proper working order.
* Conduct a variety of tests on finished product to determine product quality within an established range of performance. Notify operator and/or supervisor of deviations for quick correction.
* Test raw materials for consistency, where applicable.
* Reject all out of specification product; place questionable product on hold for disposition by management personnel; recommend 100% audit of line run or grinding of product, if indicated.
* Assist Extrusion Associate 3s, 4s, and 5s (Operators) and floor person with troubleshooting and correcting quality related line problems.
* Complete accurately and legibly all quality assurance related paperwork.
* Ensure all testing equipment is in proper functional order and make adjustments to equipment as required.
* Calculate line speeds and weights and enter information into computer; advise operators of conformance to budgeted standards.
* Perform housekeeping duties as needed to maintain cleanliness in quality assurance lab.
* Communicate with previous and following shifts Quality Assurance Technicians about product quality, problems and status of work in progress.
* Observe health and safety practices when handling bacon strips.
* Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Education:High School Graduate/GED
Experience: Six months of related or production experience is required. Six months experience as a Variform Quality Associate 3 is required.
Knowledge:Must be able to read, write and possess above average mathematical aptitude.
At Ply Gem Windows, we offer great benefits that include:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Tuition reimbursement, Company Paid Life Insurance, 11 Paid Holidays, and Paid time off.
* Diverse Culture
* Company growth opportunities
* Employee Activities
* Rewards Program
* And much more!
_Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin._
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand’s name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.
* Job Family Manufacturing
* Pay Type Hourly