Expiry Date :
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision transforming patients lives through oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Associate Scientist, QC Technical Services
About Bristol-Myers Squibb
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Purpose and Scope of Position
The Associate Scientist is responsible for supporting Quality Control (QC) analytical testing for release of products. The Associate Scientist is responsible for validating and transferring methods into the QC laboratory, optimizing and troubleshooting methods; assisting in teaching and training junior analysts.
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
– Hands on experience with various analytical techniques and scientific knowledge in the characterization of pharmaceutical drug products.
– Intermediate ability to accurately and completely understand, follow, interpret and apply Global Regulatory and cGMP requirements.
– Intermediate technical writing skills.
– Basic problem-solving ability/mentality, technically adept and logical.
– Intermediate organizational and time management skills.
– Intermediate knowledge of laboratory instrumentation.
– Intermediate ability to communicate effectively with peers, department management and cross-functional peers.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assists with QC projects
– With assistance, designs and executes experiments, analyzes results, and writes technical summary reports.
– Capable of handling basic issues and solving problems.
– Utilize scientific principles to assist in analytical testing methods and the proper use of laboratory instrumentation.
– Some understanding of ICH Guidelines and can independently develop, write and execute method Verification/transfer /validation protocols/Reports and related activities.
– Assist management with investigations and deviations.
Integrate enterprise systems into the laboratory
– Assist in implementing electronic data capture software into the QC laboratory
– Assist in writing appropriate interface templates to capture data results with only general guidance
– Assist with writing custom calculations to produce data results Assist with peer review and verification of data
– Serve as technical reviewer of appropriate departmental procedures
– Review documentation as required by laboratory procedures
– Perform verification of software templates and custom fields
– Perform peer review as needed for QC Technical Services Projects Performs other tasks as assigned
Education and Experience
– High school diploma or equivalent required.
– Bachelors degree preferred, preferable in Science.
– 4 years relevant work experience required, preferable in a regulated environment.
– An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
– The incumbent will be required to stand for extended periods of time, up to 6 hours per day
– This position requires regular medical surveillance and may require incumbent to wear a respirator or gown.
– The incumbent must be able to distinguish colors and possess correctable vision to 20/20, annual eye exam is required.
– The incumbent must analyze numerical values on a daily basis.
– The incumbent will be working in a laboratory setting up to 6 hours per day.
– The incumbent will occasionally be working around hazardous materials to include chemical agents up to 6 hours per day.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.