Associate Scientist, Drug Product Analytical Development, contract
Expiry Date :
Sun, 20 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Generation Bio is an innovative genetic medicines company focused on creating a new class of non-viral gene therapy to provide durable, redosable treatments for people living with rare and prevalent diseases. The companys non-viral platform incorporates a proprietary, high-capacity DNA construct called closed-ended DNA, or ceDNA; a cell-targeted lipid nanoparticle delivery system, or ctLNP; and an established, scalable capsid-free manufacturing process. The platform is designed to enable multi-year durability from a single dose of ceDNA and to allow titration and redosing if needed, and our scalable manufacturing process supports our mission to extend the reach of gene therapy to more people, living with more diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of 120 people with diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Delve further. Please visit [ follow @generationbio [
Generation Bio seeks a highly motivated Research Associate to support analytical chemistry activities in a cross-platform function. The successful candidate will work as part of an analytics team responsible for the development of methods and approaches for the testing of research drug product, as well as performing experiments to better characterize and understand the composition and physiochemical attributes of our drug.
* Perform bioanalytical assays, including purity, copy number, expression, and activity assays to support the Production, Pre-clinical, and Process Development groups
* Review results generated from drug substance batches obtained from the Production group against lot release criteria, and create Certificates of Analysis to support release
* Collaborate with colleagues in Analytical Development to help develop and refine bioanalytical assays to make them suitable for routine testing
* Conduct studies to further our understanding of the composition and content of our drug substance
* Perform experiments to evaluate the properties and quality attributes of our formulated drug product
* Summarize results in presentations and reports and write draft protocols
* B.S. in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related discipline with 0-2 years of experience
* Experience with basic molecular biology and/or chemistry techniques required, including proficiency in reagent preparation and basic quantitation assays
* Experience with liquid chromatography (HPLC) for the separation of biomolecules and/or sub-micron particle characterization techniques (DLS or Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis /NTA) is a plus.
* Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
* Results driven with excellent attention to details
* Proven ability to effectively plan and organize complex work activities and prioritize tasks
POSITION: 6 month contract, Non-Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.