Associate Scientist / Senior Associate Scientist, Delivery Platform Research
Expiry Date :
Wed, 28 Jul 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Generation Bio is an innovative genetic medicines company focused on creating a new class of non-viral gene therapy to provide durable, redosable treatments for people living with rare and prevalent diseases. The companys non-viral platform incorporates a proprietary, high-capacity DNA construct called closed-ended DNA, or ceDNA; a cell-targeted lipid nanoparticle delivery system, or ctLNP; and an established, scalable capsid-free manufacturing process. The platform is designed to enable multi-year durability from a single dose of ceDNA and to allow titration and redosing if needed, and our scalable manufacturing process supports our mission to extend the reach of gene therapy to more people, living with more diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of 120 people with diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Delve further. Please visit [ follow @generationbio [
Generation Bio seeks a highly motivated and creative Associate or Senior Associate Scientist to contribute to formulation development in a matrixed learning environment. The successful candidate will perform formulation discovery research to enable the targeted delivery of gene therapies for numerous indications in our portfolio. To achieve this objective, the successful candidate will interface with scientists in preclinical research, bioconjugate chemistry, and analytical development to create, characterize, and evaluate novel formulation candidates for delivery to the liver, retina, and beyond.
Primary Responsibilities for this role include:
* Synthesize lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulations for targeted delivery to diverse tissue types.
* Perform analytical characterization of LNPs.
* Prepare characterization reports and document work in electronic lab notebooks (ELNs).
* Summarize findings in presentations to internal stakeholders.
* Work with cross-functional teams to facilitate _in vitro_ and _in vivo_ evaluation of LNP formulations.
* Develop methodologies to assess LNP surface modifications and stability.
* Review literature and work with colleagues to invent novel LNP formulations.
* B.S or M.S. in Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry or related discipline.
* Ability to work independently to analyze, interpret, and present data.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills.
* Collaborative spirit and a strong desire to work with researchers from different disciplines.
* Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects.
* A minimum of 1 year of laboratory experience either in an academic or industry setting.
* Experience with the formulation and testing of biomaterials or nanoparticles.
* Experience with nanoparticle characterization techniques (e.g., size, encapsulation efficiency, nucleic acid quantification, endotoxin).
* Experience or strong interest in projects related to gene or drug delivery.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.