Associate Scientist / Sr Associate Scientist, Downstream Process Development
Expiry Date :
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Generation Bio is an innovative genetic medicines company focused on creating a new class of non-viral gene therapy to provide durable, redosable treatments for people living with rare and prevalent diseases. The companys non-viral platform incorporates a proprietary, high-capacity DNA construct called closed-ended DNA, or ceDNA; a cell-targeted lipid nanoparticle delivery system, or ctLNP; and an established, scalable capsid-free manufacturing process. The platform is designed to enable multi-year durability from a single dose of ceDNA and to allow titration and redosing if needed, and our scalable manufacturing process supports our mission to extend the reach of gene therapy to more people, living with more diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of 120 people with diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Delve further. Please visit [ follow @generationbio [
Generation Bio seeks an enthusiastic and highly motivated scientist, to help with the development of downstream processes for production of our novel gene therapy product. The successful candidate will have good laboratory skills and attention to detail to help develop and optimize scalable purification processes for closed-ended DNA (ceDNA). The candidate will report to the Head of Downstream Process Development within the CMC group. This role will be integral to the success of the company as we advance clinical development candidates.
Primary responsibilities for this role include:
* Under guidance, design and execute laboratory experiments to develop downstream process for the purification of closed ended DNAs
* Execute experiments and collaborate efforts related to the development of downstream process steps including cell lysis, depth filtration, TFF, and chromatography steps
* Analyze process intermediates and final samples from the experiments
* Assist in tech transfer of small-scale process to the in-house production group and to contract manufacturing organization (CMO) for scale-up
* Assist in generating protocols, SOPs, and batch records
* Keep good records and updated electronic notebook for all executed experiments.
* Prepare, analyze, and present data internally to cross functional teams.
* BS in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Biotechnology, or related discipline
* Minimum 3-5 years of relevant industry experience
* Experience in working with an oligonucleotide-based purification process is a plus
* Result-driven with excellent attention to details
* Ability to perform multiple experiments and responsibilities simultaneously
* Ability to work with others to troubleshoot complex technical and scientific problems while showing independence in execution
* Ability to adapt to a fast-paced organization
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.