Expiry Date :
Sat, 12 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
ABOUT VECTOR ATOMIC
Vector Atomic is building quantum devices for applications including GPS-free navigation and timing, geophysical exploration, and telecommunications. We are focused on delivering near-term products that take advantage of the exquisite properties of quantum systems. Our devices are designed with the form, fit, function, and cost for the real world.
In only three years we have grown to 30 employees. Our early success is a direct result of our team, which brings an innovative but practical, can-do approach to the work. If you have a passion for cutting-edge technology and thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment, Vector Atomic is a perfect fit!
We are seeking atomic physicists interested in developing the next generation of quantum technology. In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for conceptual sensor design, hardware prototyping, system integration, performance evaluation, and deployment. Ideal candidates are strong individual contributors that take ownership of their tasks while supporting overall team goals. If you have a passion for cutting-edge technology and thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment, Vector Atomic is a perfect fit.
WHAT YOULL DO
* Work with a cross-functional team of physicists and engineers on sensor designs from concept to implementation
* Prototype and design optical, mechanical, and electrical subsystems
* Sensor integration, bring-up, and optimization; data analysis
* Analyze and simulate of atomic sensor performance and environmental sensitivities
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
* PhD in atomic, optical, quantum physics, or 1-3 years of related postdoctoral or industry experience
* US citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card) required by US export control laws
* Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and collaborators, both written and verbal
Hands-on expertise with several of the following:
* Quantum sensor and atomic clocks technologies
* Atomic source technology
* Laser cooling and trapping
* Precision spectroscopy
* Ultra-high vacuum (UHV) systems
* Narrow linewidth lasers and laser frequency stabilization
* Optics, fiber optics, electro/acousto-optics, detectors
* Analog, digital, and RF electronics
* Control systems and instrumentation
* Mechanical design (CAD)
Vector Atomic is adhering to state and local ordinances regarding COVID-19, including teleworking options for our staff when possible. Currently, this position requires more than 50% onsite work to support minimum business operations at our Pleasanton, CA facility.
At Vector Atomic we value teamwork, open and honest discourse, and work-life balance. We are an employee-owned company with competitive compensation and benefits including:
* Medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
* 401(k) matching
* Paid time off and 10 paid holidays
* Paid parental leave
* Stock ownership plan
* Fully stocked kitchen
Vector Atomic is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
_Vector Atomic does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team._