Behavioural Science Analyst
Healthcare Research Worldwide
Manhattan, New York
Expiry Date :
Mon, 05 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Do you take pride in making a difference? Do you want to be part of a global market research team delivering scientifically-grounded, powerful insights to pharmaceutical and healthcare clients? Do you want the opportunity to further your career? How about joining a dynamic, award-winning and passionate team?
At HRW, we are market research practitioners in the healthcare, pharmaceutical and device and diagnostics space, with a wealth of experience in a wide range of therapy areas, ranging from asthma to zoster and everything in between. Founded in 2001, we are a recognised thought leader in this industry and love to present, publish and discuss the latest innovative developments to help us access reality- our continuous quest to get beneath the surface and truly understand peoples behaviour and the decisions they make at a deeper level.
About HRW Shift
At the heart of how we at HRW access reality, HRW _Shift_ is an award-winning team of multidisciplinary behavioural science experts and thought leaders within HRW. This team uses observations from market research projects and applies their expertise in behavioural science to describe the cognitive mechanisms underpinning the observed behaviours, then takes it further with behaviour change modelling to recommend evidence-based strategies, tactics, and nudges that our clients use to overcome barriers and connect with their customer groups. Our team is hiring for a Behavioural Science Analyst. Below are the job details.
BEHAVIOURAL SCIENCE ANALYST
This Behavioural Science Analyst will interpret observations from healthcare research data (quantitive survey results, qualitative interview recordings, transcripts, content analysis, online communities, social media data, or ethnographic observations): describing behavioural patterns, citing evidence, and applying a range of behaviour change models to recommend evidence-based strategies to support positive behaviour change for our clients.
This role will work independently and alongside other members of the HRW shift team (with expertise in the same or complimentary disciplines) as well as various research, account development, and project teams across the companys client service hubs in Oxford, London, and New York. Your projects and behaviour change objectives will be diverse, including emerging and established healthcare products from over-the-counter consumer healthcare to pharmaceutical and medical devices, Addressing the interplay between a range of stakeholders including primarily healthcare professionals and patients (but occasionally pharmaceutical sales representatives, pharmacy staff, health system executives, and the public)
Reports to Behavioural Scientist on the HRW Shift team.
* Identifying the presence of observations with behavioural significance (being able to recognise clues of behavioural traits, biases, heuristics, or logical fallacies) in market research data.
* Writing about, explaining, and evidencing psychological phenomena within reports, and presenting these themes to colleagues within the agency and clients externally.
* Working on a variety of domestic and global projects simultaneously: working quickly (most projects complete in an 8-12 week timeframe) to analyse, conduct desk research, and think creatively about evidence-based next steps for client problems in a regulated environment.
* Codifying and organising existing HRW authored behavioural content in to a library of PowerPoint slides.
* Innovating to create behaviourally-informed methodologies and techniques, using technology interest or abilities.
* Mapping observations on to behaviour change models and consulting evidence about effective behaviour change strategies as well as thinking obliquely and creatively about tailored applications for client problems.
* Bachelors and/or masters degree in cognitive science, social psychology, behavioural economics, neuroscience, or industry experience in similar disciplines.
* Deep understanding of behavioural science experience applying those concepts to diverse situations.
* Superb written and oral communication skills. Ability to synthesise complex information and communicate it in a clear and engaging way.
* Ability to engage effectively with a wide range of people, including senior executives, academics, research peers, and clients.
* Capable of balancing priorities of simultaneous projects and demands.
* Excitement and interest in expanding applications of advanced behavioural science: an intra-prenurial mindset for better applications of behavioural science, hunger for knowledge, and desire to evangelise behavioural science.
* Knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative research methods preferred.
* Working knowledge of statistical analysis methods and quantitative analysis preferred.
* Technological interest and experience (coding, machine learning, artificial intelligence) preferred.
* Experience designing and running experiments or RCTs preferred.
* Masters degree, PhD, or previous experience in a behavioural science-related commercial/consulting role preferred.
We offer a competitive starting salary of $60,000, competitive annual leave entitlement, a friendly working environment, the opportunity to study further, and a structured career progression.
In line with our commitment to supporting and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion, and to increase recruitment of currently underrepresented groups, applications from minority ethnicity and mixed-heritage candidates living and working in the UK are particularly encouraged and welcomed.