Expiry Date :
Fri, 05 Feb 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
A stellar opportunity to join the core team of a growing startup: join DeepCure and have a massive impact on redefining drug discovery. As a Biology Lead at DeepCure, you will be at the heart of applying our transformative Artificial Intelligence (AI) platform, will work on the biggest challenges in the pharmaceutical industry, apply cutting-edge technologies, and help us shape the companys scientific vision. You will work hand-in-hand with other drug discovery scientists and software engineers and be accountable for building and managing a portfolio of biological targets aligned to unmet medical needs that take full advantage of DeepCures AI approach. This is a truly unique position in which you will have a leading role in changing the way the industry approaches drug discovery.
DeepCure, founded by a team of researchers from the MIT Media Lab, develops disruptive Artificial Intelligence to revolutionize pharmaceutical discovery. Our mission is to deliver to patients safer and more effective therapeutics that are extremely unlikely to be discovered by any existing drug discovery pipeline. DeepCure redefines the way we discover new drugs by combining state-of-the-art Deep Learning algorithms with our unique database of one Trillion molecules and a unique approach to experimental data generation.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
* Function as Biology Lead and drive one or more early-stage drug discovery programs from target validation through to IND.
* Work closely and in collaboration with the Director of Biology to help build and expand the current portfolio. This is a highly visible position with the opportunity to directly contribute to building DeepCures drug discovery pipeline.
* Adopt, adapt, and deliver on DeepCure’s strategy towards internal target development, especially biological validation that is aligned to maximize the application and applicability of DeepCures AI platform.
* Assist in the design and implementation of novel computational and experimental approaches to internal data generation.
* Represent biology on cross-functional and strategic teams, including external collaborations.
* Provide oversight for work conducted by CRO(s).
* Deep passion for the intersection of Artificial Intelligence and the future of drug discovery, as well as a desire to play a pivotal role in a nascent startup.
* Ph.D. in Biological Sciences, or related discipline, with at least 5+ years of industry experience in a lead discovery role.
* Deep expertise in cancer biology with a proven track record of scientific accomplishments: peer-reviewed publications and presentations at key scientific conferences.
* Experience leading an oncology drug discovery program is required; preference will be given to those who have successfully driven a program from the target validation stage through to clinical candidate nomination.
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
* A strong molecular and cellular biology background.
* Deep knowledge of existing/emerging technologies and cancer model systems (in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo).
* Experience with small molecule phenotypic screening.
* Familiarity with public cancer biology databases and an understanding of how to utilize big data to drive discovery efforts.
* Solid understanding of other disciplines that compose a drug discovery team.
* Extensive experience engaging with CROs to direct, manage, and coordinate external efforts.
* Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and integrate novel ideas and approaches into program workflows.
* Ability to work at a fast pace and readily adopt new technologies and ways of thinking.
* Experience working in cross-functional teams with the ability to effectively convey complex subject matter to non-experts.
* Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate in an open, clear, timely and consistent manner.
* Exceptional scientific record-keeping, organization, and management of data.
* Experience authoring IND sections is a plus.
* Applied experience and/or theoretical understanding of machine learning techniques is a plus.
For the right candidate, we’ll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
* A leadership team that values and prioritizes your professional development.
* Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options.
* Unlimited paid leave and sick time.
* Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans for you and your dependents, with voluntary add-ons available for life, and accident coverage.
* Commuter benefit for public transportation.
* Work in a cool and vibrant space at the heart of Boston.
* Snacks and drinks in the office.
Most importantly, you’ll have a huge impact, do important work, and work with a team of people you’ll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
DeepCure is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that’s all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don’t tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.