Biomedical Electronics Technician – Medical Engineering – 15193
Tufts Medical Center
Expiry Date :
Mon, 08 Mar 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Maintain medical equipment used in the hospital. Under minimal supervision, installs, repairs, calibrates, modifies, or fabricates prototype of new electronic devices.
* Repairs, calibrates and inspects medical equipment using standard electronic test equipment to assure safe and proper operation in the hospital.
* Performs preventive maintenance on medical equipment in compliance with manufacture or department developed maintenance procedures, ensures equipment operating within manufacturers specifications.
* Assists Director or Supervisor in equipment purchase evaluation.
* Documents all actions such as repair, PM, calibration, inspection, modification, user training, parts used, failure codes in the Equipment Management System.
* Assists in training new technicians and patients in the use of particular electronic devices.
* Orders and maintains inventory of parts and supplies in the department.
* Installs new medical equipment/systems in the hospital.
* May, based on department policy, be required to participate in on-call rotation.
* Coordinate, monitor and document outside contractors performance.
* The preceding data are intended to convey information essential to making fair pay decisions about the job, and are not exhaustive lists the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.