Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET)
Expiry Date :
Tue, 22 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Join our team as a Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET)!
As theBMET Equipment Technician, you willperformrepairs, inspections, and preventive maintenance on patient related medical devices used throughout UPMC, hospital affiliates, and institutions for services with BioTronics Inc. The BMET Equipment Technician works under general supervision and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals. Provides orientation, training, assigning and checking the work of all other levels of technical staff.
Travel between UPMC sites, hospital affiliates, and institutions for services with BioTronics Inc is required as needed. We are currently hiring for multiple UPMC Pinnacle locations that include UPMC Pinnacle Western Shore, UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg, and UPMC Pinnacle CommunityOsteopathic.
This role offers a lot of stability and room to grow, apply today!
* Maintains records of all work activities in the Computerized Maintenance Management System and Kronos system.
* Use of personal vehicle may be required.
* Priority Class ‘High’ Equipment includes but is not limited to: ESU, ventricular assist devices, nursery incubators, pacemakers, thermocyclers, spectrophotometer, portable bypass system, injectors, muse system, defibrillator, ultrasound (diagnostic), x-ray imagers, x-ray portables, x-ray processors, x-ray tables, x-ray TV systems, Cranes-Buckys, scope sterilizers, washer decontaminators, cart washers, orthopedic specialty instruments, servers and gateways.
* Provides consultation to administration, nursing, and medical staff regarding operational, training, application and technological advancements of medical instrumentation.
* With direct supervision, occasionally performs preventive maintenance, inspection and repair of Specialty priority type medical equipment.
* Routinely performs preventive maintenance, inspection and repair on Low, Medium, and High priority types of medical equipment.
* Participates in on-call rotation as indicated by director.
* Management and security of computer-based networked medical devices maybe required as needed.
* Understandoperates and provides training on all standard and/or specialty test equipment.
* Priority Class ‘Low’ Equipment includes but is not limited to: Lab equipment, physical therapy equipment, saws, dental equipment, compressors, and general patient care equipment, arthroscopy instruments, standard scissors, forceps, retractors, elevators, ortho curettes, osteotomes, chisels, bone cutters, printer and PC peripherals. Priority Class `Medium Equipment includes but is not limited to: Patient monitoring systems, video equipment, warmers (blood and fluid), scope washers, lab equipment (analyzers), oximeters, infusion devices, diagnostic test equipment (pulmonary), NIBP units, humidifiers, oxygen equipment (respiratory), nerve/muscle stimulator, Doppler, computer work stations, pumps, tourniquets, SCD, hypothermia, EKG machines, ultrasound (PT), OR tables, OR lights and sonics, rongeurs, needle holders, general imaging/radiology equipment.
* Understands, implements and provides training on specific regulatory requirements.
* Participates in the development of Clinical Engineering Generalist I and II.
* Associate’s degree in Biomedical/Electrical/Computer/ IT Information Technology or Journeyman papers (if applicable) is required.
* Equivalent military experience and/or equivalent hospital or manufacturers service experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* Minimum four (4) years of hospital or manufacturers service experience.Manufacturers Certification of two (2) priority types of High equipment.Superior knowledge of electronics, digital circuitry operations and Information Technology, or surgical instrumentation (as applicable).
* Superior knowledge of anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, physics, chemistry, optics, pneumatics, hydraulics, hospital structure and regulatory requirements (as applicable).
* Superior Computer skills as required to operate a Computer Maintenance Management System and common office software including but not limited to MS Office.
* May in the course of duties be in rooms where medications are stored. No contact with the medications is allowed.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND CLEARANCES:
UPMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DISABILITY/VETERAN